Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google using AI for Room Correction
Google has made the next step in room correction using artificial intelligence to provide the best sound optimization. Many others like LINN, Sonos etc. also use room correction already.
https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/4/16405...o-hands-on
--
Like Apple's HomePod, the Home Max is designed to automatically adjust itself to create the optimum sound for the room it's in, and even for the position of the room that it's in. And like the HomePod, it does so in real time, unlike other speakers that ask you to wander around holding your phone up as they emit strange cheeps and chirps.

In one demo, a Google engineer picked up the speaker and moved it to the corner of the room. As you'd expect, the sound profile changed dramatically as the sound waves started echoing weirdly on the suddenly adjacent walls. Then, about 10 seconds later, it sounded completely normal and good again.
--
That's sad to see that Devialet customers still don't have a built in solution and even products that cost so little already a much more sophisticated solution built in.

I do hope Devialet will finally wake up and respond accordingly to customer needs.
I totally agree on this. Our lovely Experts, Pros, and Phantoms start to look a bit old-fashioned without a digital room correction.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Not sure about this.

A serious room correction solution would be great but with the exception of Linn those products mentioned are toys. Great for casual listeners but miles away from what we get in an expert or phantom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Sure those can be considered as toys but it's not a rocket science to allow doing at least some parametric eq, is it? Convolution would be even better, but PEQ would be a nice starting point.

Measuring and filter creation can be difficult things to do but does Devialet really need to do those? I don't think so because there are so many solutions available for doing those.
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
There is obviously a huge market within lifestyle audio consumerism. Google has all the data they need to calculate the size of this market. I guess that is why this thing is made.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(05-Oct-2017, 07:55)markush Wrote: Google has made the next step in room correction using artificial intelligence to provide the best sound optimization. Many others like LINN, Sonos etc. also use room correction already.
https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/4/16405...o-hands-on
--
Like Apple's HomePod, the Home Max is designed to automatically adjust itself to create the optimum sound for the room it's in, and even for the position of the room that it's in. And like the HomePod, it does so in real time, unlike other speakers that ask you to wander around holding your phone up as they emit strange cheeps and chirps.

In one demo, a Google engineer picked up the speaker and moved it to the corner of the room. As you'd expect, the sound profile changed dramatically as the sound waves started echoing weirdly on the suddenly adjacent walls. Then, about 10 seconds later, it sounded completely normal and good again.
--
That's sad to see that Devialet customers still don't have a built in solution and even products that cost so little already a much more sophisticated solution built in.

I do hope Devialet will finally wake up and respond accordingly to customer needs.

So something that sounds like crap has a function to make it different but still sound like crap when it's moved around and you're jealous?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
^ Yes, at least I am. DSP, when done properly, will make even a crappy sounding speaker at least slightly better.
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
You would probably be quite disappointed with Google RC in your system. It's not designed for high end. Maybe Phantom could benefit a little by preventing disaster for the most inexperienced users (floor or corner placement for example). My speakers sound bad uncorrected so your point with proper DSP is good, but I very much doubt an automated correction would work for my speakers.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Please don't get me wrong. I am just saying that I can admit being jealous to Google/Apple/Sonos/Linn/Trinnov etc. because they have a solution to a room acoustics problem, and their solution fits pretty well for their products.

In other words, I don't want a Google RC on our Devialet Expert because it just doesn't fit there so well - high end products obviously need a higher quality and more flexible solution.
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
Devialet Expert amps are already way ahead of most other major high end brands out there in terms of features.

Just because a non-audio giant company supports room adaption feature presumably with vast inferior sonics does not mean Devialet has to "wake up" and start supporting it. Google and Amazon Alexa also support voice recognition. it would be a nice feature to have for sure, but it foes not mean Devialet has to "wake up" and start supporting it as well.

Having said that Devialet Experts are well positioned with its computer based platform to support room correction as a "plug in". In fact it is sort of supported through Roon. And from my understanding even today if Devialet HQ cooperate, you could in theory send your room data to Devialet they can produce a customized configuration file to tailor the Devialet to your room and speakers. But that would not be in their priority list of course.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.