Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great upgrade streaming phantoms
i have found a great upgrade for streaming to the phantoms.

Change your powersupply from your cable modem into a sbooster botw powersupply.

In my case this is the greatest upgrade in years, and i had a lot.

Qobuz sounds much much better and 4K Netflix and you tube is now for real 4K 

I would say take one on a trail
So you have changed the power supply for your internet modem? Does this modem contain a switch where your 'streamer' and Dialog/Phantoms are connected?
I must confess your post is a little bit unclear even if interesting..
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(28-Nov-2017, 21:31)ogs Wrote: So you have changed the power supply for your internet modem? Does this modem contain a switch where your 'streamer' and Dialog/Phantoms are connected?

Yes, sorry.

From my cisco (internet) cablemodem => netgear R7000 router => d-link switch => dialog and my phantom golds. All connected with audioquest cat7 and cat700 ethernet cables.

The Sbooster botw on the Cisco internetmodem gives the greatest upgrade for streaming qobuz and Netflix / you tube 4K/UHD

I have now three Sboosters on resp.: cablemodem, netgear router and the d-link switch with very great and uninspected results
The biggest result is on the internetmodem, then on the netgear router and the smallest result is on the d-link switch, but noticeable

Sorry for my englisch.
(28-Nov-2017, 22:24)Johnnydev Wrote:
(28-Nov-2017, 21:31)ogs Wrote: So you have changed the power supply for your internet modem? Does this modem contain a switch where your 'streamer' and Dialog/Phantoms are connected?

Yes, sorry.

From my cisco (internet) cablemodem => netgear R7000 router => d-link switch => dialog and my phantom golds. All connected with audioquest cat7 and cat700 ethernet cables.

The Sbooster botw on the Cisco internetmodem gives the greatest upgrade for streaming qobuz and Netflix / you tube 4K/UHD

I have now three Sboosters on resp.: cablemodem, netgear router and the d-link switch with very great and uninspected results
The biggest result is on the internetmodem, then on the netgear router and the smallest result is on the d-link switch, but noticeable

Sorry for my englisch.

I may have misunderstood, but are you claiming that changing the power supply on your router has improved the sound quality from your speakers? Because that's impossible.
(29-Nov-2017, 00:13)Gremlin Wrote: I may have misunderstood, but are you claiming that changing the power supply on your router has improved the sound quality from your speakers? Because that's impossible.

No, I do not think that is impossible. johnnydev is talking about streaming from the internet. This is going via the Cisco cable modem. He states that there is less difference using an improved PS on the switch where the actual audio devices are connected. Phantoms are quite revealing and an improvement is easy to hear. Changing the PS of the Cisco (remember this is a switching PS possibly injecting garbage back to the power circuit) is maybe not the most place obvious for improving the sound of a system, but johnnydev is reporting an it and I trust he is right.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(29-Nov-2017, 08:38)ogs Wrote:
(29-Nov-2017, 00:13)Gremlin Wrote: I may have misunderstood, but are you claiming that changing the power supply on your router has improved the sound quality from your speakers? Because that's impossible.

No, I do not think that is impossible. johnnydev is talking about streaming from the internet. This is going via the Cisco cable modem. He states that there is less difference using an improved PS on the switch where the actual audio devices are connected. Phantoms are quite revealing and an improvement is easy to hear. Changing the PS of the Cisco (remember this is a switching PS possibly injecting garbage back to the power circuit)  is maybe not the most place obvious for improving the sound of a system, but johnnydev is reporting an it and I trust he is right.

Yes that’s right. The switching powersupply’s seems to give al lot garbage on the powerline’s and the ethernet side.
It is not so usual to use these sbooster on modems or routers, they use it normally for upgrade DAC’s and NAS etc.

I ordered them with a trail period of 14 days.

I was very surprises at the unexpected and big improvement with SQ of the phantoms with qobuz and on my tv with Netflix 4K.
I had already several times contact with Netflix that there 4K was not really 4K. After installing the sbooster my complaint was completely gone.

So then i ordered with a trial period of 14 days for the router and the switch.
The effect on the router was again quite large, somewhat less than the internet modem, but very good noticeable.
The effect on the switch is small, but has got the benefit of the doubt. Certainly because i do now not have any switching powersupply in my internet system!

And as told before, in the last 40 years i never had a great upgrade like this and i can tell you i had a lot.

This is not a placebo effect or something and i am not blind or deaf :-)
Maybe it’s my situation here at my home, but here the differences are so big that i wanted to share that experience with phantom lovers.

I would say, try it for 14 days and then judge. What can you lose
Interesting thanks - just about to get golds so that might be an easy and cheap thing to fiddle with when I realise I have nothing else to box swap! Smile
(29-Nov-2017, 15:44)Jamington2004 Wrote: Interesting thanks - just about to get golds so that might be an easy and cheap thing to fiddle with when I realise I have nothing else to box swap! Smile

Try it  Rolleyes
(28-Nov-2017, 11:02)Johnnydev Wrote: i have found a great upgrade for streaming to the phantoms.

Do you suspect that a similar improvement could be had by simply placing your cable modem on a different circuit (based on the fuse it's on) in your home?
(24-Mar-2018, 18:00)ozsound Wrote:
(28-Nov-2017, 11:02)Johnnydev Wrote: i have found a great upgrade for streaming to the phantoms.

Do you suspect that a similar improvement could be had by simply placing your cable modem on a different circuit (based on the fuse it's on) in your home?

No it is the lps