Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guildford Audio Devialet Workshop 11th & 12th October
(13-Oct-2014, 15:00)brit Wrote: Thoroughly enjoyed meeting, and chatting, with IanG-UK and Guillaume. Think I also met and chatted with Thumb5 and Confused, but cannot be sure! Anyway this is what these events are all about - you can learn as much in the margins as in the event itself!

Indeed, 'twas I. Good to meet you David. I hadn't realised you were a member here otherwise I'd have introduced myself more clearly.

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(13-Oct-2014, 14:50)thumb5 Wrote: [quote='Beajuju' pid='4377' dateline='1413205444']

I wonder what is meant by "master" in that context. Perhaps they are considering a system where the Devialet "pulls" music files from a passive file server, rather than receiving a decoded stream pushed to it from a streaming application as it does currently? Not that that should have any bearing at all on jitter (I believe).

That is UPnP!

Rik

(13-Oct-2014, 12:11)GuillaumeB Wrote: Thierry mentioned something about UPnP not being originally designed to manage audio... (although you could I suppose say the same thing about USB!).

I'll certainly agree that the 'media search' / library capability of UPnP wasn't designed for audio (or anything with potentially 1,000 for files) but my conversation (with Theiry) was specifically about audio quality.

The media search problem has been all but fixed by control point apps caching the library state - but certainly in early deays with poorly designed control points it wasn't fun. This is why the liked of Sonos & Sooloos (Nee Meridian) didn't use UPnP - it just wasn't mature enough at the time.

Rik

PS: Don't take this as me Devialet 'knocking'; I've very happy with my 120 and like the way they are taking their system, I just think they could be more open about certain things - the fact that we are having to use a fan chat forum, not their own speaks volumes. :-)
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(13-Oct-2014, 16:31)rik Wrote:
(13-Oct-2014, 14:50)thumb5 Wrote: I wonder what is meant by "master" in that context. Perhaps they are considering a system where the Devialet "pulls" music files from a passive file server, rather than receiving a decoded stream pushed to it from a streaming application as it does currently? Not that that should have any bearing at all on jitter (I believe).
That is UPnP!

<pedantic>
More accurately, it's a class of designs that includes UPnP.
</pedantic>
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(13-Oct-2014, 16:43)thumb5 Wrote:
(13-Oct-2014, 16:31)rik Wrote:
(13-Oct-2014, 14:50)thumb5 Wrote: I wonder what is meant by "master" in that context. Perhaps they are considering a system where the Devialet "pulls" music files from a passive file server, rather than receiving a decoded stream pushed to it from a streaming application as it does currently? Not that that should have any bearing at all on jitter (I believe).
That is UPnP!

<pedantic>
More accurately, it's a class of designs that includes UPnP.
</pedantic>

If you're going to be pedantic then can we at least have well formed XML? :-)
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(13-Oct-2014, 15:11)thumb5 Wrote:
(13-Oct-2014, 15:00)brit Wrote: Thoroughly enjoyed meeting, and chatting, with IanG-UK and Guillaume. Think I also met and chatted with Thumb5 and Confused, but cannot be sure! Anyway this is what these events are all about - you can learn as much in the margins as in the event itself!

Indeed, 'twas I. Good to meet you David. I hadn't realised you were a member here otherwise I'd have introduced myself more clearly.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Let's consider ourselves Introduced!

Regards

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

David

I was there Sunday morning. You must have met a Confused imposter....
(13-Oct-2014, 17:06)Confused Wrote:

David

I was there Sunday morning. You must have met a Confused imposter....

Hi,

I was definitely Confused!
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
I'm very sorry I couldn't make it. I had every intention of being there -- to hear the latest from Thierry, to chat with the Guildford chaps, and to meet the folk of this parish.

We moved house on Thursday, so I was otherwise occupied -- force majeure, as one might say in Devialet-land.

The rumours about streaming are Quite Interesting.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Glad it went well. Wish I could have popped down!
Are there any photos taken during this EVENT? PLEASE attach THEM!;-)