Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guildford Audio Devialet Workshop 11th & 12th October
Sounds like your wallet may be facing great peril Mr Thumb! Watch out!
Ill be in the room with the Olympica's, if you give me a shout i will make sure we do this for you.

Regards
Gavin
Hi Gavin,

Any details on this yet?

<<The Devialet Workshops will be held at intervals during the day and a full list of times will be advertised in the near future>>

Just want to time my visit appropriately,

Cheers,

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(10-Oct-2014, 06:58)Gavin @ Guildford Audio Wrote: Ill be in the room with the Olympica's, if you give me a shout i will make sure we do this for you.

Thanks Gavin, I'll be sure to introduce myself.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
We have just been informed that Thierry Massoubre will be attending from Devialet. The clinics will be held at intervals during the day. This will be dependant on footfall, so I'm afraid we cannot be specific with times. To enable us to cover all of your questions during these sessions the topics will obviously differ slightly, so it would be appreciated if you could let us know when you arrive, anything in specific you would like covered.

Regards
Gavin
Many thanks to all involved with organising the event. It's always good to have an opportunity to talk to anyone from Devialet, plus I can only imagine how much effort is involved transporting and setting up the systems.

I was however slightly alarmed to discover that it appears I can hear clear differences between digital cables..... This was just earwiging someone else's demo. I am now trying to convince myself that this didn't happen, maybe slightly higher volume used for the "better" sounding cable? I don't think so though, full of surprises though this hi fi business.
I'd like to add my thanks to Gavin, Trevor, Thierry and everyone else involved. A great opportunity to learn more about the Devialet family and to meet some fellow enthusiasts. I really enjoyed the friendly, informal atmosphere.

Hearing the tiny Harbeth P3s driven by a 200 put a smile on my face!

@Confused - the peril is not yet averted...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(09-Sep-2014, 20:37)cc1 Wrote: In light of a 'test' and a large of number of comments here on the Mac AIR v MiND 180 v Auralic ARIES v totaldac d1 server as front ends, it would be extremely enlightening if you could present a few different front end options for everyone to hear. It would be great if this could be done in symbiosis with the Devialet reps explaining the different and best ways to connect to a Devialet.

I was discussing options for "non computer" front ends with Thierry today. He mentioned that it might be worth waiting until next year as Devailet are working on something. Very intriguing!
I can only echo what others said Gavin & Trevor hosted an excellent event & it was interesting to talk to Thierry though in true Devailet form they and continuing to make life 'interesting' for anyone hoping to develop any control solutions for the Devailet range.

Still, I have ideas,

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
A very pleasant afternoon spent on Saturday with the folks from Guildford Audio and Absolute Sounds, Thierry from Devialet and thumb5, IanG-UK and brit.

A big thanks to Trevor and Gavin for putting this on.

Some great sounds although I must admit I spent more time chatting in the corridors and in the hotel lobby than sitting in the listening rooms. With that said I loved the sound of the 800 and Wilson Sasha 2s, very similar to my setup except with Transparent XL speaker cables and a lovely looking Metronome transport. Might have to try one of these sometime in my own setup just to compare to streaming. Good to see some Entreq ground boxes in the mix too...

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK