Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haptic volume control? - touch your phantom!
(08-Feb-2016, 10:32)jonstatt Wrote: ... On top of that, I understand from a dealer that they are still considering "shake" controls to change track etc. ….

Things like this give me such a smile at work on a Monday morning. Genius.
Assuming its not a made up thing - in which case goodness knows if anyone at HQ is actually actively involved with coming up with any good ideas - I really hope they do it just so we get videos of enthusiastic Phantom reps changing tracks by 'shaking' of the hand lotion jar, and trying to make it seem like a great feature.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(08-Feb-2016, 10:32)jonstatt Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 09:50)Johnnydev Wrote: I was dissapointed by the downgrade.

But i must say, only changing volume without using devices Works very fine for everyone in the house.

Ones you have one, you can't miss him and Brings a lot more pleasure with the phantom experiance

The gadget geek side of me would have loved to see the e-ink screen etc. But from a practical perspective I think Devialet have missed the mark here by not even providing a mute button. On top of that, I understand from a dealer that they are still considering "shake" controls to change track etc. Obviously an accelerometer is present inside the unit as for example, when pairing, you put the volume control upside down.

Top!

But i must say, only changing volume without using devices Works very fine for everyone in the house.

Ones you have one, you can't miss him and Brings a lot more pleasure with the phantom experiance

The gadget geek side of me would have loved to see the e-ink screen etc. But from a practical perspective I think Devialet have missed the mark here by not even providing a mute button. On top of that, I understand from a dealer that they are still considering "shake" controls to change track etc. Obviously an accelerometer is present inside the unit as for example, when pairing, you put the volume control upside down.

Shake controls are no-go. Didn't worked right a single time.
(08-Feb-2016, 11:25)dmitrek Wrote:

Shake controls are no-go. Didn't worked right a single time.
Oh, they tried it and failed you mean? Did they trial it with Beta testers? They could still do something like instant mute by putting it upside down or something like that.
(08-Feb-2016, 11:25)dmitrek Wrote: Shake controls are no-go. Didn't worked right a single time.

Well, a good shake could start a random track for the current playlist. Big Grin
(08-Feb-2016, 11:52)EvPa Wrote:
(08-Feb-2016, 11:25)dmitrek Wrote: Shake controls are no-go. Didn't worked right a single time.

Well, a good shake could start a random track for the current playlist. Big Grin

I like it, 'roll of the dice' type thing.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

No, I mean it's a no-go from users perspective. Shaking knob control to change the track? No, thanks.