Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone used all of devialet speakers?
I live in an apartment with a 4500mm*5300mm living room.

I usually listen to 60~00s black music, pbrnb, hiphop, jazz, japanese city pop  and james blakes.

If you were me, which would you choose between two reactors900(stereo) or one phantom gold.

If not, would it be better to choose phantom classic even though it's slightly over budget?
Hi mate,

Welcome to DevialetChat. You must be either a builder or a metal worker (giving your room sizes in mm) Shy

Questions like this have come up before and the answer is usually two-fold; Stereo is always better so go stereo, unless you think you might be able to buy a second Gold or Classic down the track. In that case go mono for a while but be prepared to go stereo in the future. Going mono long term is your worst choice.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(21-May-2020, 06:59)Pim Wrote: Hi mate,

Welcome to DevialetChat. You must be either a builder or a metal worker (giving your room sizes in mm) Shy

Questions like this have come up before and the answer is usually two-fold; Stereo is always better so go stereo, unless you think you might be able to buy a second Gold or Classic down the track. In that case go mono for a while but be prepared to go stereo in the future. Going mono long term is your worst choice.
Thank you
From the genre of music I listen to, which do you think is better, phantom classic(stereo) or reactor900(stereo)? 
Which of the two is more reasonable to listen to in the living room of my apartment?
I won't change my speakers for a while.
(21-May-2020, 07:21)de_wey Wrote:
(21-May-2020, 06:59)Pim Wrote: Hi mate,

Thank you
From the genre of music I listen to, which do you think is better, phantom classic(stereo) or reactor900(stereo)? 
Which of the two is more reasonable to listen to in the living room of my apartment?
I won't change my speakers for a while.

There is really only one answer to your question, and that is what Pim above as already suggested. 
Nothing more than that as a suggestion and you have to think at your choice depending on that. Music genre is not the key factor for your choice in this case. A big room would suggest Premiers, but I would never sacrifice a stereo couple if the room configuration would allow me to have space for a stereo set-up.
(21-May-2020, 07:21)de_wey Wrote: From the genre of music I listen to, which do you think is better, phantom classic(stereo) or reactor900(stereo)? 
Good that you are going stereo.

Are you able to listen to both and compare? They are slightly different when you listen to them side by side, with the Classic having more low end. However, the Reactor 900s sound very good on their own and they will be able to perform in your room.

And place them on stands and position them properly in room the same as any other stereo speakers.
(21-May-2020, 23:36)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(21-May-2020, 07:21)de_wey Wrote: From the genre of music I listen to, which do you think is better, phantom classic(stereo) or reactor900(stereo)? 

Are you able to listen to both and compare? They are slightly different when you listen to them side by side, with the Classic having more low end. However, the Reactor 900s sound very good on their own and they will be able to perform in your room.

And place them on stands and position them properly in room the same as any other stereo speakers.
I haven't heard of it at the store(auditory chamber) yet. I'm going to visit soon. Of course, it will be smaller than my living room.
Sometimes I will use it in my room, but I will use it mainly in my living room.
Are you saying that reactor 900 is better for sound balance? 
If so, I am thinking of buying reactor 900 stereo.
[attachment=4109 Wrote:Snoopy8 pid='93294' dateline='1590100585']

This is the structure of my apartment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(22-May-2020, 01:17)de_wey Wrote: Are you saying that reactor 900 is better for sound balance? 
If so, I am thinking of buying reactor 900 stereo.
All the premium range will do the bass better, because they are physically bigger. I preferred the Gold over the Silver and Classic because it was more my style (and I had the budget).

If I started now, I would seriously consider the Reactor 900 because they are so much cheaper than the Gold.

At the end of the day, it is a personal preference. So best to audition and decide for yourself.