Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headphone help please
Hi, just took delivery of the 200 for a weeks demo. Have managed to set up the SAM by using the Configurator..........but the headphones?
I am trying to get rid of boxes so I am keen to use my AKGQ701s without my headphone amp if this is possible.

I have looked at the help section for this but sorry I cant make head nor tail of it. Anyone point me in the right direction. Help would be greatly appreciated.

First impressions - excellent excellent bass. I love my PMC23s but i guess they can lack a bit of bass......not any more!! I am always worried about bass as i feel it drown out the detail, it does not do that. So musical too, sorry not good at describing music but it seems to have kept the detail I like but lost a bit of the brightness I sometimes get.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Congrats Womaz, you did it!

As far as i know, all you do is configure the two (in) puts on the right side when looking at the configurator, to variable outputs. Keep them full range and make up a mute button for your speakers only on the remote. Then you need an RCA to headphone adaptor and your good to go.

Since you were a bit apprehensive about the head phone output, I'm curious to hear what your opinion is once you've tried it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I am not sure I can do any of this as its only a demo. Asking me to input serial number and my date of purchase.
I used the configurator and it saved to my SD card, but not sure how I add stuff to that SD card......SAM up and running though. The 200 has amazing bass.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
The i pad remote app not picking up the Dev either. Teething problems Big Grin
When I use the configurator I have to redo all of my SAM settings again so obviously doing something wrong.
Got the app working though as just had to put the 200 on my network.
Headphones might be a bit more complex as have no adaptor and only have it for a few days I think. Would love to hear it with headphones as getting rid of another box really appeals.
(07-Mar-2015, 00:47)Womaz Wrote: When I use the configurator I have to redo all of my SAM settings again so obviously doing something wrong.
Headphones might be a bit more complex as have no adaptor and only have it for a few days I think. Would love to hear it with headphones as getting rid of another box really appeals.

When you get your own Devialet, and you register it, you can save your configs on the site and make up names for different ones. Then, if you want to make changes, you just open the one you want to change.
Headphone setup is a breeze, don't worry about it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(07-Mar-2015, 01:04)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(07-Mar-2015, 00:47)Womaz Wrote: When I use the configurator I have to redo all of my SAM settings again so obviously doing something wrong.

When you get your own Devialet, and you register it, you can save your configs on the site and make up names for different ones. Then, if you want to make changes, you just open the one you want to change.
Headphone setup is a breeze, don't worry about it.

Ah I see, so for now I could still do it, but would just have to do all the separate configurations at once. Although no point as no RCA to headphone adapter. The CD player is connected digitally and the CLIC to Line 1. There is a difference in SQ but not a massive one. It means that if i decide to keep it the CLIC will do for a while until funds are available for a streamer.
The way I am going to do it is demo it for as long as allowed and then put my gear back through my old amp. If I dont like what I hear then the 200 must be here to stay. Big Grin
I have decided to keep my Musical Fidelity headphone amp.....well for now at least.

As I have to connect my CLIC network player through the line 1 inputs will I have to connect my Head amp through the Phono inputs?
Well after a 2 hour session I have gave up on getting my headphone amp working with the 200.

Its a Musical Fidelity MHPA1 .........Can I use this through the Dev 200 so I can benefit from the Devs DAC?

Am I missing something obvious. I have tried twice now with the configurator but twice it has got the better of me.

Can anyone help with this as would love to hear my AKGs through this.
OK,
You need to set the RCA 'digital' inputs on the 200 - the two to the right of the AES to 'line out' and unclick the 'mute' box.
These settings are on the 'settings' tab for each input/output on the advanced configurator
Run an RCA connector pair from these to you headphone amp line in.
Set a button on the remote to be a mute and make sure 'mute' is checked on your speaker configuration.
That way you can mute the speakers and listen via headphones.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 NPX300 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire Acrylic Reference rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to AT VML540ML fine line stylus and Vertere Phono-1