Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headphones question
Thanks got it working. Question: when I mute the Devialet you can't see the volume number anymore. I need to pump the volume up when using the headphone. When you un-mute it when you are finished with the headphone the volume stay's very high. Is there any way to solve this?
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(01-Jan-2018, 11:03)KraaijCheck Wrote: Thanks got it working. Question: when I mute the Devialet you can't see the volume number anymore. I need to pump the volume up when using the headphone. When you un-mute it when you are finished with the headphone the volume stay's very high. Is there any way to solve this?
I think you can monitor the volume level via the app, but that doesn’t solve the problem. I have to make sure that the volume is reduced before unmuting. As I said before, try bumping up the max level slider so that you don’t have to turn the volume up excessively.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(01-Jan-2018, 15:54)Axel Wrote:
(01-Jan-2018, 11:03)KraaijCheck Wrote: Thanks got it working. Question: when I mute the Devialet you can't see the volume number anymore. I need to pump the volume up when using the headphone. When you un-mute it when you are finished with the headphone the volume stay's very high. Is there any way to solve this?
I think you can monitor the volume level via the app, but that doesn’t solve the problem. I have to make sure that the volume is reduced before unmuting. As I said before, try bumping up the max level slider so that you don’t have to turn the volume up excessively.

When you set it to max, are you still able to adjust the volume? I don't think so right?
Un-muting when you have the settings at "max", the Dev goes back to the volume level it had before?
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(01-Jan-2018, 16:15)KraaijCheck Wrote:
(01-Jan-2018, 15:54)Axel Wrote:

When you set it to max, are you still able to adjust the volume? I don't think so right?
Un-muting when you have the settings at "max", the Dev goes back to the volume level it had before?
Are you talking about setting the slider to max? I don’t think you’d have to go that high and I’m pretty sure that if you did, you’d still have full control over the volume. The Dev will always go back to the volume it was set at before it was muted wherever the slider is set, unless you’d turned it up or down while listening to the cans.
I use a couple of different headphones and find that the standard 2V rms is OK. I’d try different settings for you, but I have had trouble getting any signal from the pre-outs when reconfiguring my amps and don’t want to risk my setup. I think trial and error will give you your optimum settings. 
Hope this helps.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England