Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best why to connect phantoms to Roon
@Snoopy8
Installed the ifi upnp bridge.
There's an improvement but it keeps stops every few minutes.

I heard a lot about the mutec mc3+usb.
Is it gone be a spdif connection as well?
Or some usb to spdif? there's an mc3 model without usb.

Thanks
(23-May-2020, 09:34)eladeb Wrote: @Snoopy8
Installed the ifi upnp bridge.
There's an improvement but it keeps stops every few minutes.

I heard a lot about the mutec mc3+usb.

Thanks
Never tried any of the Mutec gear. Assuming it can do it, not sure the improved S/PDIF signal will help. RAAT is supposed to becoming, hope it is sooner than later.
Also tried Roon today (My Core is i9 equipped stationary PC) just to find there is no way Roon will locate my Phantoms wired with Ethernet in the very same Eco-system. Should have read this thread first obviously, as you guys already went down that path inconsolable.

But !!!

I have Tidal installed on my Iphone and via AirPlay I can stream Tidal-content to the Golds seamless. It actually works :-).

A question. Of what audio-quality is that Tidal Content streamed via Airplay actually? Is it even worth the subscription over the Spotify one? I will never let Spotify go as it is superior in content such as news channels, radio, podcasts etc.

Ps. I had the Phantoms now for a week (still within my 30 days trial period) and after a few disappointments it might be so that they will fly back the same way they came from, to be replaced by a traditional monitor system. They are definitely now up for evaluation as they do have quite a few cons.
Transducers: Martin Logan Electrostatic Master Series Impression 11 on Crystal Cable Special Series AC Cords 
Amplifier: Peachtree Nova 500 on Sine Nidas HC Power cord
Source: Tidal on PC I9-9900K 32GB RTX 2070 on Stealth Swift Power cord
Interconnects: Mytek USB Cord / Supra Cat 8 ethernet wire / Supra Speaker cables
In Ears: Sure SE846 / Empire LEGEND X

I'm in the Capital of Scandinavia, Stockholm
Airplay sucks !
Go for bubleupnp or respberry pie 3 with volumio.
(23-May-2020, 09:34)eladeb Wrote: I heard a lot about the mutec mc3+usb.

Thanks

Sorry for a very late reply here!

There is a big difference in quality between the two MC-3 models. The USB version is actually quite different and much better.
MC-3+USB will convert (and re-sample) between all inputs and outputs. I tried optical from Mutec (USB input) to my 250. It sounded very good indeed. AES/EBU was better, but not by much.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB