Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help setting up 440
Hi everybody!

I bought an ex-Display 440 today from Nintronix in the UK.  I think I successfully registered  the configuration on an SD card and loaded into both units.

I am successfully playing a turntable and streaming Roon.  

However, I am only getting sound from the left speaker in 440 mode. If I plug both speakers into the top, what I think is the master unit, then I get sound from both speakers, but I think it is in mono.  So I don't seem to be able to connect the two units up as a 440.  I have linked them with the cable as shown (not very clearly) on the diagrams on the SD card configuration page.  Also plugged the speaker cable in as shown on the diagrams.

This is ridiculously complicated, please help me!

Many thanks,

Richard
[font='Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif][size=1][font='Segoe UI', 'Segoe UI Web (West European)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif][size=1]07714 419517[/font][/size]

[/font][/size]
Can you post a screenshot of the Configurator with the configuration you are using?
What kind of cable did the two amplifiers connect to?
I'd start by checking the speaker connections- easy to get them wrong.
Send a photo of the back of each amp and the screens on top.
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
I note that you have written "SD card", in the singular, not plural.

For dual mono, you need two SD cards, one to transfer the configuration for the master, and one for the companion. You will see in the configurator that there is a separated download for the master and companion. Maybe this might be the issue? (or maybe not)

Some also swear by the "Pim Method" for firmware and configuration updates, copy and pasted below for easy reference. (Copyright @Pim 2017)

First delete everything off the SD cards. Take them out of your computer and re-insert. Check that they're empty. Then download the firmware onto your computer and save it in a folder somewhere. From there copy it onto the SD cards. Insert into the Devialet with the power cords taken out or switched off at the wall. Then turn on and let them do their thing.

One done delete everything on them again, take them out of your computer and re-insert. Again check they're empty.
Make up new configs and again save in a folder on your computer. Copy that onto the cards and again insert them into the Devialet's with their power off.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
It's also important that both units are running the same version of firmware. I'd expect they are already if they were being demonstrated together as a 440, but may be worth checking.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Here's another tip from Pim: Get your dealer to set it up for you. Even though you got a demo model, certainly they should set it up for the first time you use it. I used to install $1000.- TVs and programmed all the channels. For the money a D440 costs, there's no excuse not to set it up.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Can I also point you to this thread: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-c...l-s-method

You might find something in there that you’ve overlooked. Hope you get up and running soon. 🙂
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Chat Devialet Friends,
I'll take advantage of this topic, as I'm not finding answers to my questions in other topics.
Sorry if my questions have already been answered elsewhere, but I really couldn't find it.
I would like to know if it is possible to use two different Devialets 220 pro in "dual mono" mode?
I recently bought second-hand Devialet devices here in my country, in the city of São Paulo - Brazil, with the intention of building a "dual mono" audio system using two integrated 220 Pro.
However, I realized after the purchase that the first device is the Devialet 220 Pro with Core Infinity, updated with firmware 13.0.0 DOS 2.2.2.
The second device is a Devialet 220 Pro without Core Infinity, with firmware version 10.1.0.
I would like to know if I can configure the two devices to become the dual mono 440 Pro version, using the device with CI as Master and the one without CI as Companion.
I appreciate the help and all the support.
Regards,
Marco Tulio
Both units need identical hardware - here CI-board and same firmware. That‘s my knowledge.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
The CI upgrade was included in the price of the Pro upgrade. Contact Devialet for your free CI upgrade and you’re good to go.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.