Analogue:
Rega RP8,
Rega Apheta,
Rega Ios phono amp,
Kimber Kable KS1016 IC.
Naim Powerline.

Audio PC:
Hot Rod Audio PC

MB tray: QDIY Professional Modder Acrylic Case (PC-D001N)

Win 8.1, audio optimized (http://www.blackviper.com )
JRiver 19 + Gizmo,

i7 3370S @ 1600, NOFAN Cr 95C Black Pearl cpu cooler.
Asus P8 H77 M.
Seasonic fanless Platinum 400 PSU (MB +CPU)
Naim Powerline.
Audioquest Diamond USB Cable.

Paul Pang SSD + Bakoon BPS 02 (5V, 1A) PSU,
Paul Pang USB + Teddy Pardo PSU (5v, 3A),
Paul Pang 8 gb DDR3,
Paul Pang Red Sata Cable
Paul Pang Seasonic ATX power cable, Usb to sata cable, Usb to molex cable

Network:
QNAP TS-459 Pro+ 4x 3TB
Naim Powerline.
GISO 1 gb Lan Isolator

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialet 440 pro CI, Shunyata Research Sigma S/PDIF RCA link, In-Akustik Referenz LS-4004 Air , B&W 802 Diamond.
Aurender N10, SR Sigma AES/EBU 
2x Paul Pang OCXO dual switch, SR Sigma Ethernet, Acousense GISO GB Lan Isolator
Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2
SR Denali 6000/S V2, SR Alpha NR PL C19, Naim PL C15
IsoAcoustics Gaia I, Orea Bronze & Indigo
Hi nice system .)

But just a question ,Where do you place the GISO 1 gb Lan Isolator ?
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(23-Jun-2014, 17:13)Petter Wrote: Hi nice system .)

But just a question ,Where do you place the GISO 1 gb Lan Isolator ?

Hi,

The Audio PC and the Devialet are in the same room. The NAS is in another room and on another floor to avoid any noise interference in het listening room.
My Audio Pc is connected to a switch to connect it to the NAS containing the WAV files.
My Devialet is connected to the audio pc via USB, the ethernet is only connected to allow for remote control via the android app.
In this setup I placed the GISO between the switch and the Audio Pc.
Devialet 440 pro CI, Shunyata Research Sigma S/PDIF RCA link, In-Akustik Referenz LS-4004 Air , B&W 802 Diamond.
2x Paul Pang OCXO dual switch, SR Sigma Ethernet, Acousense GISO GB Lan Isolator
Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2
Did you feel USB is superior to ethernet? I always had the impression ethernet is superior because TCP/IP protocol is 2-way and validates data sent, vs. USB is 1-direction, plus the ability to passing noise from computer to devialet. Would love to learn from your experiences.

I had USB dacs before and found ifi or aqvox to isolate the power supply for the USB makes things quieter. Just my 2 cents.
(24-Jun-2014, 06:03)warpeon Wrote: Did you feel USB is superior to ethernet? I always had the impression ethernet is superior because TCP/IP protocol is 2-way and validates data sent, vs. USB is 1-direction, plus the ability to passing noise from computer to devialet. Would love to learn from your experiences.

I had USB dacs before and found ifi or aqvox to isolate the power supply for the USB makes things quieter. Just my 2 cents.B

In a basic system ethernet will sound better than a standard USB connetion.
In my system the USB connection is by far superior over the ethernet connection.
My audio PC is highly modded and so is it's USB connection.
The Paul Pang USB card is a modded USB 3 card that, in my basic understanding, among other things, reclocks the data to reduce jitter. In my system the USB card has a separate linear PSU (Teddy Pardo, 5V ) that is conncted to the USB card with an audio grade molex cable that improves things again.
Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2
(24-Jun-2014, 06:49)Hermanh Wrote:
(24-Jun-2014, 06:03)warpeon Wrote: Did you feel USB is superior to ethernet? I always had the impression ethernet is superior because TCP/IP protocol is 2-way and validates data sent, vs. USB is 1-direction, plus the ability to passing noise from computer to devialet. Would love to learn from your experiences.

I had USB dacs before and found ifi or aqvox to isolate the power supply for the USB makes things quieter. Just my 2 cents.B

In a basic system ethernet will sound better than a standard USB connetion.
In my system the USB connection is by far superior over the ethernet connection.
The Paul Pang USB card is a modded USB 3 card that, in my basic understanding, among other things, reclocks the data to reduce jitter. In my system the USB card has a separate linear PSU (Teddy Pardo, 5V ) that is conncted to the USB card with an audio grade molex cable that improves things again.

The improvements over the basic ethernet connection are a wider and deeper soundstage, blacker background, more detail, more “air” around the instruments and a better life-like and spine tingling experience.
Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2
Quote:In a basic system ethernet will sound better than a standard USB connetion.

USB cannot introduce jitter as the transmission is synchroniosly clocked by the receiver.

However Air via TCPIP uses UDP for the streaming, which doesn't include any proper handshaking, but air seems to use error correction on the application layer.
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(24-Jun-2014, 10:23)Mka Wrote:
Quote:In a basic system ethernet will sound better than a standard USB connetion.

USB cannot introduce jitter as the transmission is synchroniosly clocked by the receiver.

However Air via TCPIP uses UDP for the streaming, which doesn't include any proper handshaking, but air seems to use error correction on the application layer.

Thanks for your reply Mka,

I'm no technician, hence the referral to "my basic understanding".
The simple fact is that the modded USB card sounds way better than the standard USB connection or the ethernet connection of the MB in my system.
Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2
(24-Jun-2014, 11:23)Hermanh Wrote:

The simple fact is that the modded USB card sounds way better than the standard USB connection or the ethernet connection of the MB in my system.

Thanks for your insights. unfortunately having a computer next to the devialet has been deemed unfashionable by wife. Will live with ethernet connection for the time being. I wonder if devialet will ever make an audio grade 5v and 12 v switching psu to replace all the linear psu out there.
(24-Jun-2014, 11:57)warpeon Wrote:
(24-Jun-2014, 11:23)Hermanh Wrote:

Thanks for your insights. unfortunately having a computer next to the devialet has been deemed unfashionable by wife. Will live with ethernet connection for the time being. I wonder if devialet will ever make an audio grade 5v and 12 v switching psu to replace all the linear psu out there.

Having a classic computer case near the Devialet was no option for me either.
I have opted for a clear acrylic Mb tray instead of a closed case.
The motherboard is therefore fully exposed with every component of the computer clearly visible. I will try to post some pictures.
Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2