Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High res play back issue
Hi all and seasons greetings!

I’ve noticed that some high res files (streamed from Qobuz or tidal) or played flac files from server do not play properly on my golds.

Anything with a bit rate above 48kHz more often than not stutters in playing. 24bit at 44.1kHz is always fine.

I know there is a whole debate about phantoms down sampling, but I’m just focused on getting a stutter free play back of playlists etc at the moment.

Is there any adjustments I can do? Is it my internet bandwidth not being sufficient?

Thanks all…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Merry Xmas! A couple of questions. Are you using Roon, Audirvana or some other playback software? Are your speakers connected by ethernet or WiFi to your network? Do you use some kind of streamer and an optical input?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Hi
Thanks for reply.
I have both phantoms in stereo linked to network with Ethernet. I have also tried WiFi and same issue. They link to an in innuos zen mini and I stream via this and play stored flac files. Optical cable connection to the zen mini. I have tried different optical cables, including expensive audio quest vodka cable. Same issue.
Hope that helps

I believe the culprit is the optical connection. Could you try to stream via UPnP or Roon and see if the problem persists?
My Phantom Voyage
Hi
Thanks.

Think you may be right. Just tried a 96kHz flac file via a upnp and it played well.

So now I’m wondering how I should best proceed - suggestions welcome.

Sorry for perhaps what may be obvious questions, but how do I also connect a stream service like qobuz into a upnp ?

I tried the glider app on my iPhone for the test, and I can see my stored files, but how do I then also stream and what’s the best options?

Not sure roon will be that stable on innuos zen mini

If you use Roon you don't need the Innuos. You'll need the Roon software running on your Mac and add Tidal, Qobuz and your local library in Roon. I have no iDevices, so I'm afraid I can't help you with connecting Qobuz in your UPnP software.
Here's how to install Roon on a Mac
https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/a...lling-roon
My Phantom Voyage
Ok thanks for the help. Best for 2022

(26-Dec-2021, 16:19)tsmithpam Wrote: Ok thanks for the help. Best for 2022

Glad to help. A happy new year to you too.
My Phantom Voyage
Hi @ragwo

Can I bother you again to explain why the upnp seems to solve the issue? Just trying to understand how I move forward if I’m to eliminate the optical connection.

I’ve tried the upnp route using mconnect, and really don’t like the app.

I’d rather not buy new equipment if I can avoid it.

As I have my files all stored on my innuos zen mini mk3 and stream via this also using their sense app and qobuz.

I saw I could also use this as roon core if I subscribe. Would this be likely to work and overcome the issues?

Grateful for any advice / thoughts

I'm not familiar with the Innuos Zen mini Mk3, but a quick Google search confirms that it's possible to use the Innuos as a Roon Core. Please give it a try and report back on the result.
My Phantom Voyage