Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiss / buzz , how to get rid of?
(19-Nov-2018, 08:49)NickB Wrote: Or an AT-33sa cartridge Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It’s not the cartridge that generates the hiss, it’s the D phonostage. Output from AT-33sa is 0.4mV. Kontrapunkt B is 0.47mV Tongue
(20-Nov-2018, 12:25)Greg Wrote:
(19-Nov-2018, 08:49)NickB Wrote: Or an AT-33sa cartridge Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It’s not the cartridge that generates the hiss, it’s the D phonostage. Output from AT-33sa is 0.4mV. Kontrapunkt B is 0.47mV Tongue

Not on mine......... Angel
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Hiss is there even if the turntable is not connected to Devialet and phono is set to 0,3mV. It is easy to hear from listening spot from volume -30, -10 it is already quite annoyins hiss. Typical volume I use is -10.
No hiss here use SUT . And noo wifi ,only cabling.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(20-Nov-2018, 18:10)Waiski Wrote: Hiss is there even if the turntable is not connected to Devialet and phono is set to 0,3mV. It is easy to hear from listening spot from volume -30, -10 it is already quite annoyins hiss. Typical volume I use is -10.

What happens if you use shorting plugs on the phono input? (i.e. a direct connection between signal pin and ground in the RCA plug) Is the hiss still there?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(21-Nov-2018, 12:13)ogs Wrote:
(20-Nov-2018, 18:10)Waiski Wrote: Hiss is there even if the turntable is not connected to Devialet and phono is set to 0,3mV. It is easy to hear from listening spot from volume -30, -10 it is already quite annoyins hiss. Typical volume I use is -10.

What happens if you use shorting plugs on the phono input? (i.e. a direct connection between signal pin and ground in the RCA plug) Is the hiss still there?
Need to try. I don't have shorting plugs so need to buy first.
Waiski it Don,t Sound normal have you talk vith your dealer, it Sound that your devialet has a ploblem , What you say it is not normal, i have before i get a transformer , a little hiss , after i connect transformer and use MM indput (must be that When you use a transformer ) i have almost no hiss i Can play -10 and from my Seat i Can Not hear Any hiss .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(21-Nov-2018, 20:26)Waiski Wrote: Need to try. I don't have shorting plugs so need to buy first.

No need to buy if you have a cheap RCA cable in a drawer. Just cut it, remove some isolation and twist signal and ground together.

Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(21-Nov-2018, 21:40)ogs Wrote:
(21-Nov-2018, 20:26)Waiski Wrote: Need to try. I don't have shorting plugs so need to buy first.

No need to buy if you have a cheap RCA cable in a drawer. Just cut it, remove some isolation and twist signal and ground together.
Thx for the tip! I'll try that tomorrow.
Be aware. The more sensitive your speakers, the more promenant the hiss will be. My speakers are 90dB sensitive. I have to accept that Devialet designed their phonostage anticipating speakers with less sensitivity.

I’ve not tried the shorted plug test but have them readily available so I’ll give it a go tomorrow. Not sure what this will tell us other than what we already know. The D phonostage is basically noisy.