Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiss / buzz , how to get rid of?
Waiski Oki becorse i Think try One , i have a Low output pu , and devialet have a ploblem With Low output pu, and many cartridge is low output , and many complain about hiss, so
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(24-Nov-2018, 21:57)Jim_Anderson Wrote:
(23-Nov-2018, 21:57)Soniclife Wrote: Possibly this one
https://lnx.m2tech.biz/products/rockstars/joplin/

I don't find the hiss bothersome when playing records, the groove roar swamps it, and the phono stage itself sounds better than anything else I've heard.

I have a Dynavector P75 stage, it's quieter than the Devialet stage, it's good, but nothing like as precise sounding.

Was someone trying the active step up stage
https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/pho...p-amp.html

I've picked up the Graham Slee Elevator.  Tried it last weekend and was very disappointed but I am sure I did not have it configured correctly. Going back to direct connect brought back the detail and precision that the Devialet phono stage is known for.  I am going to retry the Graham Slee and take my time to set it up correctly - will share when done sometime this week,

jim
Did you get to a chance to recheck this?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
I tried a Rega Aria and a Linn Uphorik when trying to get rid of the dreaded Devialet hiss. Neither sounded better than the Devialet phono, though.
Devialet 120 - Wilson Sophia - Technics SL-1000 - Rega Apollo - Chromecast
(01-Dec-2018, 19:08)Soniclife Wrote:
(24-Nov-2018, 21:57)Jim_Anderson Wrote:
(23-Nov-2018, 21:57)Soniclife Wrote: Possibly this one
https://lnx.m2tech.biz/products/rockstars/joplin/

I don't find the hiss bothersome when playing records, the groove roar swamps it, and the phono stage itself sounds better than anything else I've heard.

I have a Dynavector P75 stage, it's quieter than the Devialet stage, it's good, but nothing like as precise sounding.

Was someone trying the active step up stage
https://www.hifisystemcomponents.com/pho...p-amp.html

I've picked up the Graham Slee Elevator.  Tried it last weekend and was very disappointed but I am sure I did not have it configured correctly. Going back to direct connect brought back the detail and precision that the Devialet phono stage is known for.  I am going to retry the Graham Slee and take my time to set it up correctly - will share when done sometime this week,

jim
Did you get to a chance to recheck this?

yes I did - still not satisfactory.  I've not found any thing that beats/compares to direct connect in delivering detail. My very patient dealer has a Gold Note coming in that he wants me to try (which I'll will comment on when it becomes available unless someone else has already done so and can comment now and save me the effort).  

My speakers have a sensitivity of 85db which almosts demand an output of -15 to -5db to extract the most detail out of a recording (for my ears at my age).  This level exposes Devialet's hiss quite prominently. Once the needle is on the vinyl - this all goes away and the Devialet magic is back.  I'm almost at the point of just continue to put up with the hiss and enjoy the quality of music I get once the needle is tracking.  

Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
(03-Dec-2018, 00:28)Jim_Anderson Wrote: My speakers have a sensitivity of 85db which almosts demand an output of -15 to -5db to extract the most detail out of a recording (for my ears at my age).  This level exposes Devialet's hiss quite prominently. Once the needle is on the vinyl - this all goes away and the Devialet magic is back.  I'm almost at the point of just continue to put up with the hiss and enjoy the quality of music I get once the needle is tracking.  

I find the bit in bold to mirror my feelings, I'd like to find a simple solution, but it's more of an intellectual annoyance than a real issue for me.
My speakers and vol settings are similar, I was up at -2.5 yesterday playing vinyl to a friend, the system sounded amazing.
I wonder, are we investigating this wrong. If we needle drop the noise and share it we should hear exactly what each other are hearing? This would be like virtually moving TTs and the settings in use for them around the world. If we have 2 or more people with the same cart and settings but get different results it suggests variability in the stages, if they are the same variance in tolerance.

Thoughts?

It will be a few days before I can record something, not the best time of year for nerdy activities in the lounge.
(19-Dec-2018, 11:17)Soniclife Wrote: I wonder, are we investigating this wrong. If we needle drop the noise and share it we should hear exactly what each other are hearing? This would be like virtually moving TTs and the settings in use for them around the world. If we have 2 or more people with the same cart and settings but get different results it suggests variability in the stages, if they are the same variance in tolerance.

Thoughts?

It will be a few days before I can record something, not the best time of year for nerdy activities in the lounge.

This could work, but It could be hard to do as well. You would need to make sure you are comparing the exact same setup, same Dev model, same TT and same cartridge. And maybe make sure you are using the same power cable and interconnects and nothing else besides the TT connected to the back of the devialet. Basically would need to ensure the variables in both systems are as close to being the same as possible.
New user...3rd post...turntable user too...

Experiencing the hiss with Rega RP10/Apheta 2 combo...sounds utterly glorious apart from the hiss on quieter passages, so am going to try Rega’s Aria phono stage to see if I can get a quieter background.

Incidentally, I played about with upsampling to 192k and didn’t experience any additional noise, but did prefer the sound over 96k; enjoying experimenting with the settings on the 220!!!

Cheers,

Nick
Aria in place, and hiss pretty much non-existent unless volume wound up to unlistenable levels.

Box-fresh it sounds pretty fantastic too, so obviously good synergy with the RP10/Apheta 2 combo.

Cheers,

Nick
(28-Apr-2019, 00:06)cubbington Wrote: New user...3rd post...turntable user too...

Experiencing the hiss with Rega RP10/Apheta 2 combo...sounds utterly glorious apart from the hiss on quieter passages, so am going to try Rega’s Aria phono stage to see if I can get a quieter background.

Incidentally, I played about with upsampling to 192k and didn’t experience any additional noise, but did prefer the sound over 96k; enjoying experimenting with the settings on the 220!!!

Cheers,

Nick
You can alao try an Rothwell Headamp which basically make your mc element mm. It sounds very nice.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk