Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I play FLAC files from my NAS
Not sure I can answer that. If you're feeding the analog output of the CLIC into the 200, I'd expect that you might hear a difference in quality between the CLIC and AIR, which is an all-digital set-up. That's because the digital to analog converter in the CLIC will probably have some kind of sonic character -- it might even be deliberately designed that way. So if anything I'd expect the AIR set-up to be a more accurate, faithful reproduction of the original signal. But that's not to say it's subjectively "better" because that's a matter of personal taste -- if you prefer the way the CLIC sounds, it's better even if technically (perhaps) less accurate.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Well I will give it a good listen.....however first problem, took a phone call ....daughter shut the lap top. So when I opened the lap top back up its not working again. I think tonight has probably put me off not using a dedicated streamer. Its the way I have my current set up...and if the lap top has to be on all the time its not really convenient.
I will listen again tomorrow though.......if I can get it working again.

Your help tonight is very much appreciated
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Ah another thing.....radio?? Wont be able to access this if CLIC goes I guess
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(17-Mar-2015, 23:50)Womaz Wrote: Well I will give it a good listen.....however first problem, took a phone call ....daughter shut the lap top. So when I opened the lap top back up its not working again. I think tonight has probably put me off not using a dedicated streamer. Its the way I have my current set up...and if the lap top has to be on all the time its not really convenient.
I will listen again tomorrow though.......if I can get it working again.

Shutting the laptop will have dropped the network connection to the Devialet and the NAS.  You'll need to find the Devialet AIR icon in the system tray, and re-enable Devialet WiFi.  You might also need to re-do whatever you did to get JRiver to see the FLACs on your NAS.  Anyway, take it easy, in small steps, and it shouldn't be too hard to get it working again.

I agree, I'm not a big fan of using a computer to listen to music.  Although I (marginally) prefer the sound using AIR, I find it much, much more convenient to play music using my Sonos - it's completely hassle-free.

(17-Mar-2015, 23:50)Womaz Wrote: Your help tonight is very much appreciated

It's my pleasure.

Good luck tomorrow, and happy listening.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Yes it was a dodlle to set it up again
Hallo Womaz

I don’t know J-river, but in foobar you can stream radio—just copy the URL to the station and it plays—I have made a playlist with the stations that I listen to, it works flawless, I use the MonkeyMote APP to control it all...

Kind regads Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(19-Mar-2015, 09:58)Morten Wrote: Hallo Womaz

I don’t know J-river, but in foobar you can stream radio—just copy the URL to the station and it plays—I have made a playlist with the stations that I listen to, it works flawless, I use the MonkeyMote APP to control it all...

Kind regads Morten

Thanks Morten, I will see how things go with JRiver for now as it was one hell of a task to get it up and running. The radio I may be able to do without so I will see. May also subscribe to Qobuz or Tidal when new lap top is bought so this may further negate the need.
Womaz - Are you using the WASAPI setting in Jriver / bit perfect in AIR? I am assuming you are using a Windows laptop. If not you should try this, even better sound quality is possible.
(19-Mar-2015, 11:45)Confused Wrote: Womaz - Are you using the WASAPI setting in Jriver / bit perfect in AIR?  I am assuming you are using a Windows laptop.  If not you should try this, even better sound quality is possible.

I am no thank you. I will see if I notice a difference.
Funny I was just thinking that I have set all this up and I have no idea if I have the 200 or JRiver on the best settings.....its rather technical. Smile
Well it looks like the CLIC is now surplus to requirements. JRiver and lap top are the way i will be using the 200 for now.

Put the CLIC back in my system yesterday after 2 days of using the lap top and there was a noticeable difference. Female vocals especially sounded a little harsh at times, and the treble a tad bright. Also the bass was not as good. So now that I know this there is no way I could go back to using this.

A few month ago I was considering buying the Audioquest Cinnamon ethernet cable for the CLIC , so I may now get this for the 200.

The real benefit of JRiver is the remote app. This is exactly what i have been missing from the CLIC.

My only worry is that the lap top is due to be replaced.......thinking about doing this over the weekend. This terrifies me and has always been the reason I didnt want to use it in my hifi. Here we go Smile Smile