Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I play FLAC files from my NAS
(17-Mar-2015, 18:09)Womaz Wrote: OK I am so close now so not giving up  Smile

Jriver has now synced all my FLAC files from the NAS.

I have downloaded the Dev AIR app to my lap top. ........but it does not open??.......tried many times.

I have plugged the ethernet cable from the back of my NAS into the back of the 200.?? I presumed this was what I had to do.

When I play a music file from within the JRIVER it just plays on laptop. Does lap top need to be hard wired to 200??........

Lots of questions... First of all, can you describe your network configuration?  I assume you have a router (maybe provided by your ISP)?  What is wired to the router, if anything, and what has a wireless interface?

It's unlikely you'll get things working by connecting the NAS directly to the 200 by an Ethernet cable.  They probably both need to be connected separately to your network, whether by a wired Ethernet or wireless (wi-fi) interface.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I have a Sky fibre broadband router. My NAS, CLIC , my LG TV and Sky hd box are attached.

The way I had it set up , they were all connected seperately, as this is how the CLIC is connected.

The Dev Air app is on my lap top and it wont even open. This 200 is making me look like a bloody fool.
I think the poster above is right I need help from the dealer, just not sure when or if this will happen, and I feel that I am so close to having this set up now.
The annoying this is it is just to see what it sounds like by-passing the CLIC as this could help with decisions later on in the process of source selection
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Don't despair, it should be possible to get something working, with a bit of perseverance.

When you say the AIR app won't even open, what exactly happens when you try (perhaps post an image if there are any error dialog boxes)?  I assume it's the DevialetAIR-2.1.3.exe installer you're trying to run?  And is your laptop a PC running Windows 7 or 8, or something else?

Can you connect your 200 to the Sky router with an Ethernet cable?  That will be the easiest set-up to work with initially, as it avoids any potential problems related to wi-fi signal strength and authentication.
Warwickshire, UK
You are very helpful thank you.

I have Windows 7, the lap top is 4 year old and due to be replaced.
The Dev air app, just does not open, there are no messages displayed. The cursor whirs around and nothing happens.It is the Air app 2.1.1 which is the latest one on the Devialet website

I took the ethernet cable oout of the back of the CLIC and put this into the 200 as this is exactly how it is configured now. yes I am keen to avoid wireless as broadband only around 20mb at my pad.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Just a thought....do I not need to do something with the configurator?
(17-Mar-2015, 21:02)Womaz Wrote: Just a thought....do I not need to do something with the configurator?

I believe the Ethernet input should be enabled by default - worth checking though.  If it's enabled it should be getting an IP address by DHCP which means it "should just work" once connected to your router.  You might be able to see an LED on the router port light when you connect the 200 to it.
Warwickshire, UK
Yes I have this on my remote app, so I am guessing it is there. Also if its a brand new 200 the firmware will be up to date, surely this includes the AIR function.
(17-Mar-2015, 20:53)Womaz Wrote: You are very helpful thank you.

I have Windows 7, the lap top is 4 year old and due to be replaced.
The Dev air app, just does not open, there are no messages displayed. The cursor whirs around and nothing happens.It is the Air app 2.1.1 which is the latest one on the Devialet website

I took the ethernet cable oout of the back of the CLIC and put this into the 200 as this is exactly how it is configured now. yes I am keen to avoid wireless as broadband only around 20mb at my pad.

Hmm, strange.  If you open Control Panel, and look at the list under "Uninstall a program" is the Devialet AIR app listed (that is, has it been installed)?  If so, I'd be tempted to uninstall it.  Having done that, it's probably worth downloading the file again from Devialet's web site and running it to install it.  It should install like any other PC program, I think, but might need you to have admin privileges (not sure as I have only installed it on a Mac).

Once it's installed, I expect it should be possible to start AIR from the Windows Start menu.  If it works anything like the Mac version, it will probably put an icon in the system tray.  You'll need to click on that to enable streaming to your 200.  Anyway, that might be getting a couple of steps ahead.

(If anyone using AIR on a PC can add or correct any details here, please feel free to wade in Smile )
Warwickshire, UK
Yes its there and there is a shortcut on desktop too.....tried to start it from both.
I will uninstall it and reinstall it to see if that works.

I think everything else is set up correctly, so thats the final part.......or so I think.
(17-Mar-2015, 21:11)Womaz Wrote: Yes I have this on my remote app, so I am guessing it is there. Also if its a brand new 200 the firmware will be up to date, surely this includes the AIR function.

Ah, if you can see the 200 on the remote app, the network connection is working.  That's good to know.

Yes, I expect the firmware should be up to date.  You can check by using the Devialet remote control (not the phone app) to select the info pages on the 200 display (as described here).
Warwickshire, UK