Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I stream Tidal over wifi
Hi I'm wondering if this is possible:
I'd like to stream tidal from my iPhone to my Expert 120.

They are both connected to the same network, the Remote App gives me the option of connecting to "my Music" which seems to only be iTunes 

Is there a way I can stream Tidal from my phone 

Thanks in advance
(23-Jul-2018, 03:58)whatmore Wrote: Hi I'm wondering if this is possible:

They are both connected to the same network, the Remote App gives me the option of connecting to "my Music" which seems to only be iTunes 

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately no you can't. You'll need a computer or streamer. Or the new streamer board... but you will have to upgrade to Pro for that and then it's not available yet.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(23-Jul-2018, 04:40)Pim Wrote:

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately no you can't. You'll need a computer or streamer. Or the new streamer board... but you will have to upgrade to Pro for that and then it's not available yet.

oh
thanks a pity.
What's the wifi for then ?
(23-Jul-2018, 05:30)whatmore Wrote:
(23-Jul-2018, 04:40)Pim Wrote:

Thanks in advance

oh
thanks a pity.

You can use your phone as a remote control and of course you can use AIR over WIFI from a computer.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(23-Jul-2018, 10:59)Pim Wrote:
(23-Jul-2018, 05:30)whatmore Wrote:
(23-Jul-2018, 04:40)Pim Wrote: Unfortunately no you can't. You'll need a computer or streamer. Or the new streamer board... but you will have to upgrade to Pro for that and then it's not available yet.

oh
thanks a pity.

You can use your phone as a remote control and of course you can use AIR over WIFI from a computer.

So can I stream Tidal over AIR from my laptop?
If so, how is that done?
'tis OK I worked it out thanks to google!

Real pity it doesn't work from a phone or a tablet though Sad
(23-Jul-2018, 16:40)whatmore Wrote: 'tis OK I worked it out thanks to google!

You can add a Google Chromecast Audio to your system and use a phone or tablet to control streaming of Tidal to your Expert.  All connections are wireless apart from an optical cable from Chromecast to Expert.  This works well and sound quality is surprisingly good considering the low cost.  Set-up is straightforward.

https://store.google.com/gb/product/chromecast_audio
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(23-Jul-2018, 22:11)PhilP Wrote:

You can add a Google Chromecast Audio to your system and use a phone or tablet to control streaming of Tidal to your Expert.  All connections are wireless apart from an optical cable from Chromecast to Expert.  This works well and sound quality is surprisingly good considering the low cost.  Set-up is straightforward.

Dumb question maybe… how does the Chromecast Audio connect to my devialet?
Is it via optical or via wifi ?
(24-Jul-2018, 02:51)whatmore Wrote:
(23-Jul-2018, 22:11)PhilP Wrote:

Dumb question maybe… how does the Chromecast Audio connect to my devialet?
Is it via optical or via wifi ?
You will need to purchase an optical (toslink) cable which you can then use to connect your Chromecast device to the optical input on your Devialet.  You will need to set up Chromecast on your home wifi system (the instructions on how to do this come with the Chromecast).
Probably not of help but you can do it if you upgrade to pro and use the airplay input.