Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I stream Tidal over wifi
(23-Jul-2018, 03:58)whatmore Wrote: Hi I'm wondering if this is possible:
I'd like to stream tidal from my iPhone to my Expert 120.

They are both connected to the same network, the Remote App gives me the option of connecting to "my Music" which seems to only be iTunes 

Is there a way I can stream Tidal from my phone 

Thanks in advance

You can, I do. Use an Airport Express to optical into your Dev. I assume the 120 has optical in. Don’t know for surr but my DPremier does. Works flawlessly. 
Hg
(23-Jul-2018, 03:58)whatmore Wrote: Hi I'm wondering if this is possible:
I'd like to stream tidal from my iPhone to my Expert 120.

They are both connected to the same network, the Remote App gives me the option of connecting to "my Music" which seems to only be iTunes 

Is there a way I can stream Tidal from my phone 

Thanks in advance

I have yet had a chance to demo it, but as a big TIDAL user, the Node 2i and its ability to do a full MQA unfold via the analog outputs is very compelling.  Wireless, good OS, and apparently improved sound/internal DAC.  Via optical/SPIDF it only does the first unfold.  I currently either use direct USB (which I feel sounds the best) with AIR over Wifi a very close second from my Mac.  Mind you, software TIDAL only does the first unfold.
As someone already mentioned wifi streaming via a chromcast device, you can do similar with 3rd gen or earlier appletv, as long as it has the toslink connection. I have an early gen atv that i use. I ended up buying one on eBay for $30. You can then "airplay" from iOS apps (tidal, amazon music, Apple Music, etc.) using your iphone or iPad. I’m not crazy about the sq. You seem to have to give it more juice to get a decent listening level, but it is acceptable for now until I can step up to a dedicated streamer.