Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How have you found Devialet Support?
(01-Jul-2015, 13:17)Soniclife Wrote:
(30-Jun-2015, 18:11)Infiniteloop Wrote: I only noticed it on one track (London Grammar - If You Wait - 'Hey Now', which became very distorted at a certain point. (Those of you who know this track will recognise the massive bass that kicks in around 1/3rd the way in).

(30-Jun-2015, 19:06)Rufus McDufus Wrote: That's interesting Infiniteloop. My little Raidhos can't cope with that track either. They give a bit of a death rattle when the bass kicks in. I must try without SAM to compare.
I have analysed that track in audacity, the main fundamental is about 39Hz, but the death rattle you talk about is on the track, even though it sounds like it's your speakers and room that have gone into shock, it's an accurate replay.

Not the sound I hear! Unfortunately my speakers are a little temperamental with very low bass, plus they're too close to the wall. It's a little better with firmware 8 actually though still a bit random. I've heard the same track on other larger speakers and it's fine.  It's the only track I've ever had problems with.
To be honest I'd so far only listened to the 'Strong' track but the London Grammar Hey Now track is indeed a nice bass track. Tight as a drum here (of course it is as I use a good sub) and very powerful.

There's a sort of hiss though and some little "triphoppy" soundeffects which made me think for a moment there was an issue but it's mixed into the song and coming from the tweeters/mids. The bass itself to me sounds pure/undistorted in the recording.

I should give the whole album a listen. Too much music, too little time! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(01-Jul-2015, 16:02)Antoine Wrote: To be honest I'd so far only listened to the 'Strong' track but the London Grammar Hey Now track is indeed a nice bass track. Tight as a drum here (of course it is as I use a good sub) and very powerful.

There's a sort of hiss though and some little "triphoppy" soundeffects which made me think for a moment there was an issue but it's mixed into the song and coming from the tweeters/mids. The bass itself to me sounds pure/undistorted in the recording.

I should give the whole album a listen. Too much music, too little time! Smile

I 'd recommend it very highly. It's a truly great Album. Easily my favourite from last year.
Probably my favourite album of last year as well.

If you ever go into Oxford Audio its almost certain to be playing somewhere Big Grin

I just played it at -20 on my system and it shakes the house !!!!

But is still crystal clear.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(01-Jul-2015, 15:00)Infiniteloop Wrote:
(01-Jul-2015, 13:17)Soniclife Wrote:
(30-Jun-2015, 18:11)Infiniteloop Wrote: I only noticed it on one track (London Grammar - If You Wait - 'Hey Now', which became very distorted at a certain point. (Those of you who know this track will recognise the massive bass that kicks in around 1/3rd the way in).

(30-Jun-2015, 19:06)Rufus McDufus Wrote: That's interesting Infiniteloop. My little Raidhos can't cope with that track either. They give a bit of a death rattle when the bass kicks in. I must try without SAM to compare.

I have analysed that track in audacity, the main fundamental is about 39Hz, but the death rattle you talk about is on the track, even though it sounds like it's your speakers and room that have gone into shock, it's an accurate replay.
For Clarity:

There wasn't a problem with it before the V8.0 update. V8.1 subsequently cured it.
I don't think what I wrote was clear, I didn't mean to suggest you didn't have a problem that needed fixing, just that there are some odd noises on that track when your system is working correctly anyway.
I have my suspicions that it's been deliberately added to the mix as the main tones are clean. It sounds like a rustling port noise to me, and it's been there on everything system I've heard it through, big or small.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
As I have just reported in detail in the 8.1.2 thread, my SAM 2 issue is now resolved. Communication from Devialet support was excellent, and what looked like it might be a complex issue has been resolved in less than 3 days. For once I'm very impressed!
I started contacting support more than a month ago, because of an issue with speaker output. I sent my D200 back a few weeks ago, and haven't heard anything since.

I will be moving to another country soon, so I think Devialet can keep their stuff and I will be looking for something that works.
Curiosity got the better of me, and whereas I was thinking I'd just sell my D200, I unboxed it and (leaving the plastic on!) hooked it back up just to see if it sounded much different to the one it replaced.

A few first impressions:
USB - the input seems to work as expected, although I have had a few issues with Audurvana but I think thats a config thing (I hope).
Power Supply noise - this is much quieter than the one it replaced. I have to put my ear right on the device - still, there's no denying that these things aren't silent - but it no longer really sounds like a hard drive chattering, and i certainly can't hear it when not right on top of it.
SQ - It actually sounds quite a bit 'better' the definition of which I wont do now as I don't have time, but Im much happier with it, although I still find I have a treble 'thinness' and in that sense I still think I prefer the treble and the 'realism' of the Chord Hugo/Teddy Pardo Amp. The bass (and depth of bass) on the other hand - having not listened for a good few weeks - is far better on the Devialet.
Air - This is the most interesting thing - I've not had a single pop or crackle over Air on this machine. Nothing's changed on the hardware/software/server side - in fact, it just got plugged back into the same cables, and the Air ap was still installed (but it came up as new devices as I'd named it differently ion the Configurator).
So, obviously its not to say that I wont experience any, but fingers crossed I wont. Which could mean OSX Air issues might be Devialet hardware/firmware related? This machine came with 7.2 installed and I've left as-is for now. Nothing in my network changed at all why it was away. So we'll see, I wont have time to listen over the next couple of weeks, but will try and get a long play to see if it holds up.

I also have to decide if its staying or going. I think if it stayed I'd have to start trying new speakers to find a better match, and in that case I'd probably start over with something else.

Out of interest, does anyone have the 7.2 firmware? Theres no way I'd experiment if this might be the only firmware that works with Air in my house, and I can't go back to it.

In fact, wouldn't it be a good idea (if legal) to host all the firmware versions on this site?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Welcome back!

If you meant 7.1.2 (rather than 7.2), then I'm pretty sure I have a copy - PM me and I'll send it to you.

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(24-Jul-2015, 16:17)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Curiosity got the better of me, and whereas I was thinking I'd just sell my D200, I unboxed it and (leaving the plastic on!) hooked it back up just to see if it sounded much different to the one it replaced.

A few first impressions:
USB - the input seems to work as expected, although I have had a few issues with Audurvana but I think thats a config thing (I hope).
Power Supply noise - this is much quieter than the one it replaced. I have to put my ear right on the device - still, there's no denying that these things aren't silent - but it no longer really sounds like a hard drive chattering, and i certainly can't hear it when not right on top of it.
SQ - It actually sounds quite a bit 'better' the definition of which I wont do now as I don't have time, but Im much happier with it, although I still find I have a treble 'thinness' and in that sense I still think I prefer the treble and the 'realism' of the Chord Hugo/Teddy Pardo Amp.  The bass (and depth of bass) on the other hand - having not listened for a good few weeks - is far better on the Devialet.
Air - This is the most interesting thing - I've not had a single pop or crackle over Air on this machine.  Nothing's changed on the hardware/software/server side - in fact, it just got plugged back into the same cables, and the Air ap was still installed (but it came up as new devices as I'd named it differently ion the Configurator).
So, obviously its not to say that I wont experience any, but fingers crossed I wont.  Which could mean OSX Air issues might be Devialet hardware/firmware related?  This machine came with 7.2 installed and I've left as-is for now.  Nothing in my network changed at all why it was away.  So we'll see, I wont have time to listen over the next couple of weeks, but will try and get a long play to see if it holds up.

I also have to decide if its staying or going. I think if it stated Id have to start trying new speakers to find a better match, and in that case Id probably start over with something else.

Out of interest, does anyone have the 7.2 firmware?  Theres no way I'd experiment if this might be the only firmware that works with Air in my house, and I can't go back to it.

In fact, wouldn't it be a good idea (if legal) to host all the firmware versions on this site?

Is it not on the one of the SD cards that came in the box?