Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How have you found Devialet Support?
I'm not sure there was a 7.2 firmware! I've kept a number of last few. The big problem is the Configurator on the Devialet website is only backward compatible for a few firmwares and I dint think the current v8 Configurator produces v7.x compatible config files. SAM data format is one major change.
My mistake, I was sure it said 7.2, but you are all correct, it is in fact 7.1.2 - which I don't have - only 7.1.1 and 7.1.3

Would be grateful for the 7.1.2 but won't be around for the next 2 weeks so will PM if still feeing experimental when I get back. Right now I'm so happy with the lack of pops and crackles everything else is kind of irrelevant! I dont want to tamper incase this is the only time I get crackle free play - its soooooo relaxing.

Who would have thought you could just use an amplifier to listen to, and not have to constantly worry about the onset of signal noise.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

My mistake too - I also have 7.1.1 and 7.1.3 but not 7.1.2 after all - sorry if I raised your hopes. By all accounts 7.1.3 is a good version, though, so I wouldn't be too afraid to install that if you have to. I don't think you'd have to build a new config file going from 7.1.2 to 7.1.3, either.

Glad to hear your replacement 200 is working better than the original, anyway.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I have given this some thought, 7.1.2 was never available for download. It was only ever preinstalled on some recent new amps. So, the only way to get a copy would be from Devialet themselves.
(07-Jun-2015, 08:57)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I find email support patchy. First off their English isn't that great. They are pretty quick to respond though. Technically it's a bit hit and miss too and they're not good on providing feedback to bug reports - that seems to be a black hole for which it's common not to hear anything again, but I suspect that's more a case of the support people not hearing back from the engineering teams. They're inconsistent too, often giving conflicting information. I get the impression the support people are pretty over-run too which might not help. They do craft individual emails which must be time-consuming as there must be quite a few queries which could just need a simple boilerplate response.
I've had to send my unit back as well, and the courier they use (UPS) refuses to pick up from my street for some reason (it's a narrow cul-de-sac so not easy for trucks to get down) so I had to faff about driving it 40 miles to the dealer. I wish Devialet could've just used a different courier but I guess it would cost them more to go off-account.
Hi Rufus,
I found the Devialet support being very good and indeed, I would never complain about their English not being great as they are a French company and I am German ;-)
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
Thanks.

Well, my main reason for not wanting to move from 7.1.2 without a return path was the seemingly stable Air.  

I guess I just hadn't listened for long enough - that was short lived - wishful thinking I guess…. Dodgy

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I finally got a replacement for my 200 today. The problem with my speakers is gone.
I downloaded firmware 8.1.3 and Air for may Mac, but I am not able to run Air, even though it is configured in my config file.

Would anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,
Dieter
Please disregard my question; got it working.
Dieter
I had excellent service 4 years ago , unfortunately since than service is so bad I decided not to purchase any more of the Devialet Amps or Phantoms until service will improved
I've had excellent service experience with Devialet support. Actually more than EXCELLENT!
I bought the Devialet 200 companion (as a cheaper alternative to the "normal" 200). I figured that I'll buy the remote second hand and I'll use the remote app in the meantime, by connecting the Devialet to my router via Ethernet.
Devialet support confirmed that this would work just fine. Google confirmed it too.
Well, yes - but no. Google, if you are crawling this - Devialet companion's Ethernet DOES NOT WORK!!! The Ethernet card is there, but since the WiFi card is missing the Ethernet card is disabled.

To put it in a nutshell, I complained to Devialet support that they have mistakenly indicated that the companion's Ethernet will work. The same day they sent me a UPS shipping papers, so that I send them back the unit. A week later they've returned it to me. They had installed a WiFi card for free, so I got a "normal" Devialet 200.
Then a day later they've sent me a package with a brand new remote. FOR FREE. To compensate me for the troubles.

Best service that I've ever experienced in my life from any dealer!