Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is the forum funded?
The on-going debacle at the 'wam reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask for a while, which is:

It must cost something to host and run the forum, and I don't see any advertisements or other means by which it raises income.  So I assume it's the personal generosity of Guillaume and/or Rufus and/or Martyn that funds it.

If that's the case, firstly: thank you, and secondly: is there a way that members can make a contribution towards the running costs?  I for one would be very pleased to do so.

(I don't want to pry unduly so if this isn't an appropriate topic for discussion, sorry for the noise and please feel free to nuke this post!)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I too would be very happy to make a contribution to the running costs of this great forum.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(29-Apr-2016, 00:59)Axel Wrote: I too would be very happy to make a contribution to the running costs of this great forum.

+1
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
+ another one
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Sure, I could spare a few euro's for this great forum.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
and me +
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
Morning all,

We're working out a method of making small donations at the moment and everything will go straight back into improving the forum and keeping it ad free! We'll keep you posted.

Martyn
Great, thanks Martyn!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
It would be great if you could offer a PayPal payment option along with credit card payment options.
At the top of the screen you should now see a button to make a PayPal donation. As I said before any funds donated will be put back into the maintenance of the site and improvements.

Thank you,

Martyn