Poll: How is your Expert/Expert Pro connected?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Stereo
50.67%
38 50.67%
Stereo Bi-Wire
8.00%
6 8.00%
Dual-Mono
32.00%
24 32.00%
Dual-Mono Bi-Wire
8.00%
6 8.00%
Bi-Amp Two Stereo Units (Horizontal)
1.33%
1 1.33%
Bi-Amp Two Stereo Units (Vertical)
0%
0 0%
Bi-Amp Two Dual-Mono Units (Horizontal)
0%
0 0%
Bi-Amp Two Dual-Mono Units (Vertical)
0%
0 0%
Total 75 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is your Expert/Expert Pro connected?
Question 
How is your Expert/Expert Pro connected to the speakers?  Please feel free to explain why you made this decision.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
My speakers only have a pair of posts so that rules out any bi-amp and bi-wiring.

I could consider dual mono if I had the budget, but this is not ever for granted, given that my speakers are not very demanding in terms of impedance dip and I hardly even listen above -8dB.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Going to dual mono is so much more than just more power. The power supply doubles in capacity when going to mono, which result in an even lower noise floor. As a result The soundstage expands in width, greater depth and height and you experience even more fine details - the increased power is only the iceing on the cake...

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
(01-Jul-2019, 16:53)BjornWiman Wrote: Going to dual mono is so much more than just more power. The power supply doubles in capacity when going to mono, which result in an even lower noise floor. As a result The soundstage expands in width, greater depth and height and you experience even more fine details - the increased power is only the iceing on the cake...

I know, THD and IMD are also reduced. 
But it would make sense to upgrade my speakers first before going dual mono. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Dual-Mono. Here's the explanation

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Goodbye-...6#pid46466

Having said that I would have been happy with a single 220/250Pro compared to other class-D amps I had used in the past. Devialet just took the music at another level(along with aftermarket power cord :-).
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
...Well, that depends on what speakers you are using today, I presume.

Br
Björn

- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
(01-Jul-2019, 15:49)Jean-Marie Wrote: My speakers only have a pair of posts so that rules out any bi-amp and bi-wiring.

I could consider dual mono if I had the budget, but this is not ever for granted, given that my speakers are not very demanding in terms of impedance dip and I hardly even listen above -8dB.

(01-Jul-2019, 16:53)BjornWiman Wrote: Going to dual mono is so much more than just more power. The power supply doubles in capacity when going to mono, which result in an even lower noise floor. As a result The soundstage expands in width, greater depth and height and you experience even more fine details - the increased power is only the iceing on the cake...[url=javascript:void(0)][/url]

My speakers have the capacity to bi-wire/bi-amp but I am not looking for more power.  What I am seeking is possibly better resolution and improved response.  In the past I had a pair of Classe mono-blocs each channel having two pairs of binding posts.  I always bi-wired my speakers as a result.  With the Devialet there is only one pair of binding posts (for each channel).  Since I build my own speaker cables I can control quality and cost and therefore change the style and configuration with little to no issue.  Currently I have two pairs of conductors tied together on the amp-end (for each channel) and two pairs of conductors connected to two pairs of binding posts on the speaker-end for a bi-wired configuration.

If I went dual-mono I could reach my goals on the amp side but the speaker side remains unchanged.  If I bi-amped two stereo configurations I could reach my goals on the speaker side but then the amp remains unchanged.  Ideally bi-amping two dual-mono configurations would reach my goals on both sides of the amplifier and speaker equation but then that becomes a question of ROI.  I was curious to learn what others were doing which was the impetus for the poll.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
I use bi-wiring with my speakers. They are modified with external cross overs so it was easy to add support for bi-wiring. Actually the speakers was originally made for bi-wiring, but the terminals and cross over components where quite bad quality so I put better ones in external boxes. Sensitivity for the speakers is close to 90dB/W/m so the 250 has ample power.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(03-Jul-2019, 12:22)ogs Wrote: I use bi-wiring with my speakers. They are modified with external cross overs so it was easy to add support for bi-wiring. Actually the speakers was originally made for bi-wiring, but the terminals and cross over components where quite bad quality so I put better ones in external boxes. Sensitivity for the speakers is close to 90dB/W/m so the 250 has ample power.
I like this apart from the bi-wiring bit. My speakers are quality DIY items and I have also used quality hook up wire and external crossovers with boutique components. It’s made a big positive difference to sound. As for bi-wiring, been there and done that. I actually heard poorer sound with it. With my D250, it actually ran hotter bi-wired. Think about it, no sound improvement, double the price, double the capacitance. Bi-wiring doesn’t make any sense apart for in the pockets of the retailer, and a single run of cable sounds better. It’s a ‘no brainer’ in my experience. An easy experiment to do by you bi-wirers. I recommend you give it a try.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
(03-Jul-2019, 19:50)Greg Wrote:
(03-Jul-2019, 12:22)ogs Wrote: I use bi-wiring with my speakers. They are modified with external cross overs so it was easy to add support for bi-wiring. Actually the speakers was originally made for bi-wiring, but the terminals and cross over components where quite bad quality so I put better ones in external boxes. Sensitivity for the speakers is close to 90dB/W/m so the 250 has ample power.
I like this apart from the bi-wiring bit. My speakers are quality DIY items and I have also used quality hook up wire and external crossovers with boutique components. It’s made a big positive difference to sound. As for bi-wiring, been there and done that. I actually heard poorer sound with it. With my D250, it actually ran hotter bi-wired. Think about it, no sound improvement, double the price, double the capacitance. Bi-wiring doesn’t make any sense apart for in the pockets of the retailer, and a single run of cable sounds better. It’s a ‘no brainer’ in my experience. An easy experiment to do by you bi-wirers. I recommend you give it a try.

There is not a big difference, but with my speakers bi-wiring is better. No difference in temperature in the amp. I use the old 'Flatline' from Nordost. It's called SuperFlatline today. I bought it originally for easy routing under a carpet. It sounded good so I've kept using it even if I do not use it under a carpet any more.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB