Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make sure CI board is installed??
Before buying a used Expert Pro 130, I have some questions about the CI board please -

1. How do I make sure the 130 has the CI on it other than just asking the seller who doesn't seem to know much about it? 
2. Just in case, if it is not really installed - does Devialet still offer the free upgrade?

Thanks in advance
Ron
1. Ask the seller to send you a screen capture of his Devialet account which shows the amps current status.
2. Yes.
Maybe also check the firmware version shown on the display - should be 12.something (I think) if the CI is installed.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Thanks for all the answers.
I googled before but couldn't find anything but just now found the best way is to check the hardware version

HW 6.0 (Pro product with no Core Infinity)
HW 6.2 (Pro product with Core Infinity)
(09-Nov-2018, 17:36)seyak Wrote: Thanks for all the answers.
I googled before but couldn't find anything but just now found the best way is to check the hardware version

HW 6.0 (Pro product with no Core Infinity)
HW 6.2 (Pro product with Core Infinity)

Correction. It is unlikely that you would now qualify for a free Core Infinity upgrade even if it is already a Pro.
You just need to look on the display when the amplifier is in standby, if the CI is fitted the display will show ‘Core Infinity’ in small letters under the model name.

I don’t see any reason why it would not still qualify for the free CI update if it’s already a Pro model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(09-Nov-2018, 19:18)disarmamant Wrote: I don’t see any reason why it would not still qualify for the free CI update if it’s already a Pro model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Indeed. I have just checked the website and In consequence, I agree. Please ignore my false correction above.