Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hum starting between -85 to -80db
Wow, you really did troubleshoot!. The only other thing I can think of is to try it in someone else's Devialet other than your own or something strange is going on with your cartridge. I assume you do not have a SUT lying around?

I wonder if anyone else on this board is using the same cartridge?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I would be very grateful if someone could do a little test on this ( preferable with 440pro without CI Board) a config with phono input active and cartridge settings using the presets for an Ortofon 2M Black. Doesn’t matter what your TT or cart is, don’t connect cables to the input terminals. Then go to the level meter bars screen and report what you see and hear. That first image in my post above is without the cable connected. Thank you in advance to anyone who can perform this test for me.
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
@Craig1512 I can try this either tonight or tomorrow - be mindful my 440 Pro has the CI Board.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(05-Jan-2018, 23:02)baddog Wrote: @Craig1512 I can try this either tonight or tomorrow - be mindful my 440 Pro has the CI Board.
Thank you @baddog i don’t think the CI board would have any effect on the phono stage? The only other thing I can think of here, is that it is power supply related. When listening to an LP around midnight last night, I did think that the hiss/hum/buzz was less obvious, but I had been trouble shooting this for most of the afternoon and evening, so I put it down to having spent too much time on this and going slightly mad! And surely the PS Audio power plant would clean up any noise! Mmm maybe I need to look into this one a bit more and see what PS Audio think.
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Ok - so here is the thing, I am running my browser on a Mac and regardless of whether I use Safari or Chrome, when I go into the configurator, specifically in the Phono section, while I can select the Ortofon, the drop down for cartridge type is such that I cannot choose any cartridge type. But I did configure all the settings as one would for the Black (MM/max level/Loading).

The results - even with RCA cable plugged in - were same as with my Cadenza Black - level at -100.

I don't think the CI board should make a difference one way or the other.

Did you install a new refrigerator or LEDs on a dimmer or any other electrical change into your household?
SXSW, US
Don’t know if this helps, but I did a quick config swap using the same settings as you (as per post#17), with nothing connected to the phono in. My 440 has the CI board fitted. I got this result:

Good luck with the troubleshooting.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

This is a shot of the display of my non-CI board equipped 1000Pro, settings for an Ortofon Cadenza Black.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Do you use Wi-Fi? If so have you tried turning it off?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
I use cadenza Black and ortofon mc trafo my dev was In Paris ,no hiss before core ,and no hiss after core .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
@Finn I am running my Cadenza Black straight into the Devialet. I am interested/curious about your use of the Ortofon Verto Moving Coil Transformer.

Have you always used it with the Cadenza Black and Devialet or did you add it later?

What I am most curious about is tonal differences with/without the transformer.
SXSW, US