Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Love DOS2
Just wanted to give a space for those of us who are happy with the DOS2 update.

For me I'm loving it because I've got 3 classics which are all now 2000 watts and the soundstage is dramatically improved. I just installed Bubble UPnP so use my Tidal through UPnP and it works fine.

I've also got 2 900 reactors hooked via optical to my TV which sound amazing. The Devialet app works fine for volume adjustments quickly.

If you've had Phantoms for any length of time you know there's going to be some bumps along the way, I don't worry too much about it
BUT...
Phantoms and Reactors are amazing
I love the sound. Which is what it's all about.
It's the first thing I want to show my friends when they come by. The first thing I want to turn on when I'm alone. The first thing I wanna turn up at the family BBQ... I actually miss the speakers when I'm away from home haha. Soooo...
I'm sure I'm crazy but I bet I'm not alone...
No haters please just leave this page to express how much you dig your Phantoms and Reactors

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
(08-Nov-2019, 07:28)Jon Wrote: wilde gewoon ruimte geven aan diegenen onder ons die blij zijn met de DOS2-update.

Voor mij ben ik er dol op omdat ik 3 klassiekers heb die nu allemaal 2000 watt zijn en de soundstage dramatisch is verbeterd. Ik heb zojuist Bubble UPnP geïnstalleerd, dus gebruik mijn Tidal via UPnP en het werkt prima.

Ik heb ook 2 900 reactoren aangesloten via optisch op mijn tv, wat geweldig klinkt. De Devialet-app werkt prima voor snel volumeaanpassingen.

Als je al geruime tijd Phantoms hebt gehad, weet je dat er onderweg wat hobbels zullen zijn, daar maak ik me geen zorgen over
MAAR ...
Phantoms en Reactors zijn geweldig,
ik hou van het geluid. Daar gaat het allemaal om.
Het is het eerste wat ik mijn vrienden wil laten zien als ze langskomen. Het eerste wat ik wil inschakelen als ik alleen ben. Het eerste wat ik wil opdagen bij de familie-BBQ ... ik mis eigenlijk de speakers als ik niet thuis ben haha. Zoooo ...
Ik ben er zeker van dat ik gek ben, maar ik wed dat ik niet alleen ben ...
Geen haters, verlaat deze pagina alsjeblieft om uit te drukken hoeveel je je fantomen en reactoren graaft

verzonden vanaf mijn LM-V450 met behulp van Tapatalk

No Dos2 update yet, but for the rest +1
I agree! I love it too! My Phantom’s went from sounding incredible to absolutely spectacular just from a software update!! Because I have Classic Phantom I also got the power upgrade which is dramatic in my opinion! The entire sound is more open, wide, dynamic, and travels further. It’s so much louder and the bass seems more intense even though the woofers are moving less. It seems they have done some optimisations on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Also agree, very much so - Jon, you´r right!! My Phantom Gold sound better than ever after the upgrade to DOS2. Play Emilie Nicolas "Like I`m a Warrior" and just enjoy!
The remote works better! Very well done Devialet!
BTW - What to do with the Dialogue?

Regards from rainy Stockholm
/Anders
Hi everyone,

A couple days ago while chatting with Devialet's customer support, they openly asked me to give a rating on the stores to their Devialet app.
And I did ! (Devialet if you're reading this, one day i'm gonna remind you of my kindness  Wink ) but before doing so I had the pleasure to read the 1 star ratings on the store, and some of them are just so unjustified, like what does the quality of the application has to do with the feature you wanted not being available yet ??

I can see i'm not the only happy customer so yeah show them some support, social media, store ratings whatever...
Great job Devialet, I really like the app, I really like my experience so far with DOS2.

BUT PLEASE KEEP GOING, DON'T STOP !  
(08-Nov-2019, 07:28)Jon Wrote: Just wanted to give a space for those of us who are happy with the DOS2 update.

For me I'm loving it because I've got 3 classics which are all now 2000 watts and the soundstage is dramatically improved. I just installed Bubble UPnP so use my Tidal through UPnP and it works fine.

I've also got 2 900 reactors hooked via optical to my TV which sound amazing. The Devialet app works fine for volume adjustments quickly.

If you've had Phantoms for any length of time you know there's going to be some bumps along the way, I don't worry too much about it
BUT...
It's the first thing I want to show my friends when they come by. The first thing I want to turn on when I'm alone. The first thing I wanna turn up at the family BBQ... I actually miss the speakers when I'm away from home haha. Soooo...
No haters please just leave this page to express how much you dig your Phantoms and Reactors

I fully agree!!! It’s the same to me. SQ of Phantoms is so great! However I stay at DOS1 as Spark gives me the same as I read the new app provides, but in addition I can sync more than two Phantoms, have Qobuz streaming at all resolutions (up to 24/192k). Even more importantly I can use Roon with a RPi streaming to it with RAAT and thanks to an extension control the Phantoms volume directly in Roon without need of Spark. This all with DOS1. Phantoms and Dialog are 100% reliable in my setup. Waiting for Phantoms direct RAAT and multi-room Features in DOS2.
(08-Nov-2019, 07:28)Jon Wrote: Just wanted to give a space for those of us who are happy with the DOS2 update.

BUT...

What is your configuration? Are all 3 classics in the same room?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(06-Dec-2019, 18:40)Eggman Wrote:

BUT...

What is your configuration? Are all 3 classics in the same room?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes I have pair set up for stereo and then just a single in the same room. I don't really use the single much for now. Not sure if I will sell the single just waiting to see what next update brings.

BUT...

Largely agree.  While I can't be really happy until Devialet deliver RAAT so I can stream hi res via Roon I would have to agree that DOS 2 is a big step forward in:
  • Aesthetics
  • Stability
  • Simplicity
I think those of us who have been on board for the full journey have just been waiting for Devialet to establish a solid foundation and build, with some level of predictability, from there.  At last that seems to be what they are doing.  Maybe a purely emotional reaction, and probably somewhat coloured by a sense of relief, but I really feel DOS 2 has given my Phantoms a new lease on life.  Never got that sense when DOS 2 was released on Expert, but now I am (very) cautiously optimistic.
Endorse what's said here. I'm now running DOS2 on:
1. My Gold pair in the living room ---- More openness and better midrange, I think. I can also use equalisation via Deezer, which is nice.
2. My single Reactor 900 in the office ---- WAY more oomph and depth. Sounds great.
But it doesn't want to work with:
3. My single (Bluetooth enabled) Silver in the kitchen - anyone know why not?

I like the interfaces, and it plays nicely, too, with Apple's new TV app ecosystem, so there's no drama hooking up the Golds for some movie watching. Good job Devialet.

Andrew