Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just want to have a good old moan about Devialet
Unfortunately, each time I get a Twitter feed from Devialet it's featuring Phantom.  That's the company's current focus, along with a smart speaker and some possible mobile applications.    
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
My 220 Pro with CI board works perfectly with Roon and I have no complaints. But I do feel like a fool for having bought into the infinite upgradability marketing. It seems there’s little return to them on spending more time on the Expert line and Devialet’s viability will depend on the success of the Phantom and other co-branding initiatives for a wider, less high fidelity market.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
„Hands on with Devialet's vision for in-car audio“

https://www.whathifi.com/features/devial...r-speakers

Rolleyes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(07-Feb-2020, 17:03)K4680 Wrote: „Hands on with Devialet's vision for in-car audio“

https://www.whathifi.com/features/devial...r-speakers

Rolleyes

I like it
+ 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it involves software they have anything to do with I would think twice...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
This thread really needs a bump, so here it is! Big Grin
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(03-Oct-2020, 14:11)Antoine Wrote: This thread really needs a bump, so here it is! Big Grin

How dare you come in here bumping this thread.  Angry  I really need to moan about this.

I mean, there there is moaning in more or less every other thread on this forum at the moment, why on earth would we want more moaning here?  I particularly like the Expert Alternatives thread, some guy starts a sensible thread to look at alternatives, I was quite looking forward to see what might be posted there.  I thought we might get some interesting ideas, comparisons and insights.  This hasn't happened, but we have got some excellent moans about Devialet there, so why the hell do we need more moans on a dedicated moaning thread, particularly pointless moans like this one?  Angry

Most of the recent posts are about pending new software.  OK, we do have a dedicated thread for that, but we know Devialet are rubbish at software, so even if an update does arrive next week we already know it will be rubbish, and even if it does work and isn't rubbish, it still wont have all the features that I want, which will be rubbish.   Angry

I would also like to moan about myself moaning at Antoine.  Isn't there enough moaning about at the moment anyway, without me moaning at Antoine?   Huh

And the weather is terrible here at the moment, it has done nothing but rain for the entire weekend.  I went to a shop yesterday and had to queue outside in the rain, that was rubbish too.   Angry

It's all rubbish and terrible.  I think I will stop typing now and listen to some music, that might cheer me up.  I hope the Devialet remote app is working today ....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Brilliant! Well moan away! Big Grin Big Grin

I’d like to moan BTW about me not moaning yesterday in my bump post. I mean what was I thinking being subtle and all in this moaning thread. There really can’t be enough moaning in this thread if it helps keep other threads clean from anyone moaning everywhere else and since we can’t start moaning about anyone moaning everywhere else, everywhere else we have to moan about that right here. And if anyone disagrees I’d like to moan about that in advance.

Tongue
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(04-Oct-2020, 11:33)Antoine Wrote: Brilliant! Well moan away! Big Grin Big Grin

I’d like to moan BTW about me not moaning yesterday in my bump post. I mean what was I thinking being subtle and all in this moaning thread. There really can’t be enough moaning in this thread if it helps keep other threads clean from anyone moaning everywhere else and since we can’t start moaning about anyone moaning everywhere else, everywhere else we have to moan about that right here. And if anyone disagrees I’d like to moan about that in advance.

Tongue

I'm going back and forth after two years of ownership of a 140, almost.  I've had a series of second, often lesser amps, and have a little firecracker Atoll on the way to toy with.  I love what I hear, but I have my own issues with the company and I get concerned that in a year or two, I may not be able to even have it serviced, and recently they refused to replace my remote (or even offer to sell me a new one) as it's delaminating.  Perhaps it's the crisis.
Ah, wonderful!  A bit of levity goes a long way these days.  Thanks @Confused and @Antoine for the laugh!   Gotta keep it all in perspective.

So to that end, I want to be first to moan about whatever issues arise from whatever is to be released tomorrow or, if nothing is released, a moan for that.  There, now I can rest better this coming week having already gotten that out of the way.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA