Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm in
Battery Power Supply

And I can run the stereo and the lights from it when the power goes out.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

The "Goal Zero" has been mentioned on Computer Audiophile. Not very encouraging I would say. See link below:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...ent-910280

Maybe it would be a useful device if you live somewhere with frequent power failures, but as a tool just to improve your audio reproduction, maybe not.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(29-Dec-2018, 09:12)Confused Wrote: The "Goal Zero" has been mentioned on Computer Audiophile.  Not very encouraging I would say.  See link below:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...ent-910280

Maybe it would be a useful device if you live somewhere with frequent power failures, but as a tool just to improve your audio reproduction, maybe not.

I didn't go through the whole thread but it reads like they're knocking it because of the technology inside rather than ears on experience....audiophile snobbery?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I also have a pure sine wave inverter and PV system at home, due to the many power interruptions. It is a 8kW unit with 16 x 105 a/h batteries

The Devialet will not work with the switchover from mains to inverter, even when it is 2ms (this is what the spec says)

When there is a switchover, the lights (leds) flicker, everything else connected (computer, fridge, subwoofer) works as normal but the Devialet switches itself off.

I submitted a ticket to Devialet, but received no reply. I also asked them if it were possible for the Sub Out setting to remain on when restoring after a power interruption
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
Earlier I lived in Africa where power interruptions were common several times a day. The backup power was thru diesel generators. I had an Eaton 9130-series 2-kVA Sinewave UPS dedicated for my audio gear and during power interruptions when either switching over from Utility power to Generator backup OR vice versa, the power to the audio gear intermittently was thru batteries of the UPS. I never had any issues with my audio gear in this setup. Additionally, the UPS also took care of over/under voltages along with maintaining the correct frequency.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
The greatest danger with such insulated AC-DC-AC networks, which can no longer dissipate the discharge of currents, interference surges etc. via the ground. The way goes then over the NF connections etc. over the other devices to the earth, thus another influencing of the other devices!
I once had the problem with a isolating transformer for my source devices. Have traded me disturbances, which I had not before (interspersion of radio, hum, etc.) have removed the transformer and everything was OK again!
Since the purchase of ISOTEK devices, I have done nothing more in the direction of power conditioning. It works fine. Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I trust this reviewer more than usual because I can't see what would be in it for the reviewer not to be truthful in this case. Given the price it seems worth a try with my own ears, and then if it doesn't work out I have a backup generator.

I use a PS Audio regenerator and a Torus transformer with my streamer and my Grimm set up and it sounds great. I've never found the sine wave setting to make much of a difference.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C