Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Impressed by firmware 7.1.3
(28-Dec-2021, 11:33)ogs Wrote: That is the only source I'm afraid. When you say 'cannot open', is that the link or Google drive?

Done. Thank you
Hello guys,

I have installed firmware 7.1.3 which sounds amazing, but I have issue with SAM. I have lost SAM adjustment via tone button on remote. Currently I'm able to choose between balance, bass and treble. On 10.1.0 SAM was last option and I could choose between 0 and 100%. On 7.1.3 sam is turned on as default, which I can see on the screen, but all I can do is set tone button to let me just turn on/off SAM. I can clearly hear difference when turning SAM on, but don't know if it is working on 0% or 100%.....

My setup is Devialet 120 Expert + Atohm GT1 DV

Thanks for help.
I do not think the first version of SAM had an adjustment. That came with v2. In v1 it was either on or off
EDIT ...and on is 100%
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
On my 440-Pro CI, I'm using firmware 13.2.0 w/ DOS 2.2.6. I use Roon RAAT to stream and this is my only source. I do not use SAM. It is set to OFF. 

If I were to go back and install firmware 7.1.3 on my 440-Pro CI, will I be able to continue using Roon RAAT ?
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(15-Feb-2022, 18:26)audio_engr Wrote: On my 440-Pro CI, I'm using firmware 13.2.0 w/ DOS 2.2.6. I use Roon RAAT to stream and this is my only source. I do not use SAM. It is set to OFF. 

If I were to go back and install firmware 7.1.3 on my 440-Pro CI, will I be able to continue using Roon RAAT ?

I don’t believe you can install that era of firmware on any Pro-CI unit; they will only support the later ones such as you have already.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
You cannot install the old type of firmware on a CI amp. The CI board requires the new DOS OS.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(15-Feb-2022, 15:14)ogs Wrote: I do not think the first version of SAM had an adjustment. That came with v2. In v1 it was either on or off
EDIT ...and on is 100%

Just to clarify, the original version of SAM most definitely had the SAM percent adjustment, I remember it well.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
As far as I can remember, SAM% has become available since a certain firmware update. Until then, SAM% was not available, only the on / off setting.
(16-Feb-2022, 05:22)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: As far as I can remember, SAM% has become available since a certain firmware update. Until then, SAM% was not available, only the on / off setting.

I just had a look at one of my old configs for FW 7.1.3 and SAM was available then. I can't remember the SAM level to be not adjustable.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I think I might have the answer to the SAM percent conundrum. You can find posts on this very forum that date back to 2014 and discuss SAM % adjustment. So this is hard written evidence that SAM % existed on the first version of SAM.

It is not quite that simple though, in the thread linked below, it looks like some users had difficulty in actually getting the SAM % to work, or for some it did not seem to be there at all.

So maybe for some there was SAM % adjustment, but for others it was mysteriously missing, possibly due to firmware and configuration issues. See link below:

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Adjust-S...ht=percent
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12