Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
(02-Jun-2016, 10:17)GuillaumeB Wrote: Will it be possible to upgrade a DP to the next new hardware platform (new class D etc)? If not it will be another benefit derived from having upgraded in the first place. Let's not forget that this is the first real ADH evolution we have seen in 4 or 5 years.

I hope it's possible for D-Premiers to be upgraded to the next upcoming hardware platform.

I bought in via a good deal on 2nd hand D-Premiers, and have held off with upgrade to the D250 (D800 as I have a pair), and would be well happy if the next upgrade can be taken by all (D-Premier, D200 & D250).

Hopefully news of the new software &/or hardware upgrade choices won't be too long away, which will end all the current speculation.

Bit surprised that 5 weeks since the Dealer love-in at Versailles no announcement has been made as yet, makes it appear that it must be some large or multiple announcement's (live in hope).
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(02-Jun-2016, 12:06)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(02-Jun-2016, 10:51)bernardl Wrote: Btw, still no visibility about the date of the announcement?

I have been told I will know more in 2-3 weeks.  Smile

Guillaume

You will know more, or we all will know more in 2-3 weeks?  Huh
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
The only thing I am really disappointed ist the communication and marketing strategy. Using a vocal customer base e.g. represented by this forum to openly discuss customer needs would be of high value and would boost customer loyalty. I am pretty sure the Devialet is closely monitoring this forum. (What does the log files say?)
An apple like secret big bang strategy is something which I consider wrong for this kind of gear. (Might be the right thing for phantom customers)

I am still really happy with my D800 setup and I haven´t found better SQ for the money spent. Knowing the lifecycle dynamic of digital equipment, I never expectet them to keep the resale value of traditional high analog end equipment.

But wait, a 21k € pair of bryston amps looses 50% of it value after 3 years (and than it stays stable for another 10 years). I paid 15k for my d800 2 years ago and most probably I could sell it for 12K. (but it will loose 90% of it´s value over the next 10 years)
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(02-Jun-2016, 12:16)Mka Wrote: I paid 15k for my d800 2 years ago and most probably I could sell it for 12K. (but it will loose 90% of it´s value over the next 10 years)

So how come you get all the good deals Mka?!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Guys, I'm already regretting my posts since I nowadays no longer enjoy these discussions. They're not helping me enjoy this hobby or going forward.

But to conclude; my main point in my last post was that the upgrades issued thus far by Devialet -to me- are of little value and quality. The initial release of the D-Premier was great but anything that followed -again to me- has proven to be of little value. This including the hardware upgrades which in the end and -again to me- have proven to have a low value for money.

I guess it's all subjective, the value being determined by what you're seeing being released and implemented elsewhere. Perhaps my wishes and expectations exceed those of others and so for now I can't conclude anything different than that Devialet should no longer be the brand I should/want to invest in. I feel like the product, not the customer and to be frank a cash cow needed to pay back investors with this seemingly adopted planned absolescene policy. And EVO (which has always existed but perhaps was only later named this way when they hired that guy who made up all those idiotic three letter acronyms) of course is mainly software driven and 'free' but hardware upgrades in some cases are required to support these new EVO functionality.

Anyway I'm done, I'm taking a break from this forum and anything else Devialet related for while.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(02-Jun-2016, 12:25)Antoine Wrote: Anyway I'm done, I'm taking a break from this forum and anything else Devialet related for while.

Understandable but that would be truly unfortunate ..
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
If I look at the D-Premier vs the D250, the only significant benefit I see for the D250 is SAM. OK, there are other differences I know, but nothing that would have been worth the cost upgrading. And if you don't like, want or need SAM? Then yes, the last upgrade would have been a waste of money. However, you can't really extrapolate this kind of thinking to evaluate what is coming from Devialet. There are no details, pricing, specifications, nothing. It is not even clear if anything is coming or when, just rumours at the moment.

The point being, it is not worth too much time worrying about this stuff, sit back, wait, it will all become clear in time (soon?), then we can judge.

One thing is for sure, any decisions I make will be based on careful auditions of what is available at the time of purchase. I will not be taking much notice of Devialet's marketing hype or promises. For a while I have been of the view that Devialet are superb with hardware, poor with software, and atrocious with communication. So if there is any new hardware coming, it will need to speak for itself.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(02-Jun-2016, 12:13)Celts88 Wrote: You will know more, or we all will know more in 2-3 weeks?  Huh

Assuming I'm not made to sign an NDA then of course I will  Tongue

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(02-Jun-2016, 12:46)baconbrain Wrote:
(02-Jun-2016, 12:25)Antoine Wrote: Anyway I'm done, I'm taking a break from this forum and anything else Devialet related for while.

Understandable but that would be truly unfortunate ..

I have to echo Antione's sentiment.  I first came to DevialetChat as a new 200 owner to learn more about how others are using their Experts, to help me resolve issues with AIR, and to hopefully gain insight on what Devialet is up to going forward.    I learned a lot on the first two - THANK YOU!   Sadly, absolutely nothing on the last.   For a resource that is dedicated to their products, I cannot fathom why Devialet chooses not to engage here (or anywhere).

DevialetChat is an awesome resource that should be highly commended and cherished by Devialet's current and potential customers.    It seemed a far more positive place last summer when I first came across it - it seemed most of us were awestruck and there was quite a sense of excitement.   That seems to have shifted - not because we've all become mean and ornery people, not because the product itself sucks (it doesn't!), but IMO, because of the total lack of communication and responsiveness by Devialet itself.

Hopefully that will change soon.  Let's hope GuillaumeB is right about the next couple weeks.  But somehow, I also suspect it is fundamental to Devialet's corporate philosophy.  It is what it is.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I do not get all the complaints. I bought my 400 on how it is and not because of future upgrades who will or not be free or implemented.

I'm sorry for the people who had never got AIR working as advertised but if it happened to me I would bring it back to the dealer... Even after months.