Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal streamer (Devialet Expert) at the end of 2016
I guess Devialet considered that AIR ought to be capable potentially of sending to many devices so they designed it using UDP. There's probably another good reason that I can't think of!
(15-May-2016, 17:42)octaviars Wrote:
(15-May-2016, 17:12)Xander Wrote: Why do we need an internal streamer if AIR / MacBook/ iTunes is working?

To get rid of the computer, I use Bubble UPnP app on Android and if Devialet supports UPnP with the new board I just need my phone and my Devialets to stream from my NAS and Tidal no computer. But I would like to see support for ROON that would be the best thing and many of us want that. Run ROON on a NAS or a small computer like the sonicTransport would be a really nice thing to have.

Didn't they make a hint towards UPnP support by just a firmware upgrade at some point?
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(15-May-2016, 22:27)Cylob Wrote:
(15-May-2016, 17:42)octaviars Wrote:
(15-May-2016, 17:12)Xander Wrote: Why do we need an internal streamer if AIR / MacBook/ iTunes is working?

To get rid of the computer, I use Bubble UPnP app on Android and if Devialet supports UPnP with the new board I just need my phone and my Devialets to stream from my NAS and Tidal no computer. But I would like to see support for ROON that would be the best thing and many of us want that. Run ROON on a NAS or a small computer like the sonicTransport would be a really nice thing to have.

Didn't they make a hint towards UPnP support by just a firmware upgrade at some point?

Perhaps they did but if they are making a new streamerboard something might have made them to do that. I still hope that they will support ROON so I can get a sonicTransport to run ROON.

-> D400
My setup would be FTTH box -> Router -> NAS
                                                              -> sonicTransport (ROON server)

A nice Paul Hynes 4 rail PSU to power FTTH, Router, NAS and sonicTransport, this setup would make me feel really happy with my system, not that I am not happy with it today as the microRendu sounds as good as it gets but the need for a extra box would be a nice thing.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(15-May-2016, 22:27)Cylob Wrote: Didn't they make a hint towards UPnP support by just a firmware upgrade at some point?

Yes indeed, they did!

And they did so for room correction either!!

But that was´yesterday´ :-(

Baseless promises Undecided
Don't count them out yet. They may still surprise us.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I like how HK is so convinced that devialet will surprise us! Given he is the one who is supposed to know the secret.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah Gary, you're starting to give the secret away man. Be careful Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Gary - Please buddy!. Cant hold secrets huh Smile.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Gee. Looks like I better not response to any thread. It seems even if I stay positive for all things Devialet you guys will think I'm letting out secrets on what comes next. Well to be fair I have myself to be blamed. So, guys, what I heard may not be the facts, as far as I know, they all could be just rumors. Don't take it too seriously.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Gary, don't worry, we won't take your rumors seriously. Just share the rumor !