Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Reactor 600 high end?
I've been looking at Phantom II Custom (Reactor Custom) lately. Yesterday I discovered that Devialet has updated the tech-guide for it (in September -21 I think).  https://www.devialet.com/media/dvl_media...CUSTOM.pdf
The AES/EBU input specification has been updated and now say this: (if you're reading this as "Guest" you won't see the image. Log in or load the PDF instead)

I presume that down sampling to 48kHz still takes place, but judging by my experience with Expert amplifiers, the re-sampling done in Devialet devices is quite good. I preferred to let the 250 do re-sampling rather than doing it in Roon for example. This is easy to test anyway.
Seems to me Custom is the one to own, especially for videophiles as latency is almost zero. Direct digital or analog input and web configuration. If one really need streaming Dante is the way to go. There are Audinate DVS (virtual sound card) drivers for Win and Mac, but not Linux. There are Audinate AVIO USB Dante adapters that should work in Linux, however (limited to 48kHz sampling rate).
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
According to Devialet Customer Care (Devialet support), all Phantoms set to  "Direct Optical" ( Phantom I, Phantom II) 70% volume corresponds to 0dBFS. The setting is here in the "Direct Optical" configuration:

Also see the warnings from Devialet about signal compression.

EDIT: For Phantom II CUSTOM (my original statement here was wrong and misleading) a full digital signal (0dBFS) will give 96dB Sound Pressure Level when 96dB is set in the Max dB SPL field of the config screen. The other volume settings will not change this sensitivity (but will change volume of course).
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB