Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the upgrade service still available?
I had my D400 upgraded in November / December 2020.
Very smooth, easy transport options, all emails answered in a day or two.
Sorry to hear of your problems, OP
regards
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
I upgraded from D200 to D220 in December 2020,
from the first e-mail contact in 18 days I had my new D220 returned, very fast service with UPS and fast responses with Devialet assistance
I paid the one written on the site, € 2,390 all included.
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia
(25-Jan-2021, 17:45)chrisc Wrote: An extremely snooty lady answered the phone.  She said that the price is for customers living in continental Europe and all other customers are directed to a local agent

When I said the local agent quoted a 90% premium on their advertised price, she said that was beyond their control

With that, she said there was nothing more to help me with and cut the call

I have no interest whatever in dealing with people like that

Although we have left the EU we are still part of continental Europe so I find her reasoning flawed.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(26-Jan-2021, 10:14)Axel Wrote:
(25-Jan-2021, 17:45)chrisc Wrote: An extremely snooty lady answered the phone.  She said that the price is for customers living in continental Europe and all other customers are directed to a local agent

When I said the local agent quoted a 90% premium on their advertised price, she said that was beyond their control

With that, she said there was nothing more to help me with and cut the call

I have no interest whatever in dealing with people like that

Although we have left the EU we are still part of continental Europe so I find her reasoning flawed.
So is she saying the upgrade can be done locally, no need to send to Paris?
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
Yes, that is what it sounded like

There is a sales agent in Cape Town, from whom I bought the unit in 2015
I approached him in December about proceeding with an upgrade, since by then I had not received any reply from Devialet
He also assumed that the upgrade offer outlined on Devialet's website would still apply
When I received a reply from Devialet referring me back to this same sales agent, I again spoke to him
The actual South African agency is held by Vivid Audio, who are in Durban, some 1500km away from me
He explained that the amp would need to be sent to Vivid Audio and when they have a few upgrade units ready to hand, send all these to Paris.  They do not perform any work at their facility
Obviously there is local shipping both ways to be added too

In the meantime, I spoke to a friend who did a direct upgrade 2 years back successfully
There is a system where the carrier (usually UPS) register the serial number with Customs prior to shipping, it then is returned as a repair and no Duty and VAT is payable since this was paid on the initial import.  The serial number is checked and that is that

Vivid Audio regard this as too much trouble and you are charged Duty (16% and VAT another 15%).  I suggested this was a sheer waste of money, but this is the way they operate
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
Getting concise replies from Devialet is like pulling teeth.

I’ve asked them 3 times to explain the upgrade procedure applicable in my country and they trot out the same incorrect information. It’s as if the left hand does not communicate with the right

One sure way to lose customers. I ran an electronics service business for 30 years and would not have dreamed to offer customers misleading information
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
(04-Feb-2021, 20:42)chrisc Wrote: Getting concise replies from Devialet is like pulling teeth.
They make great electronics but they and their products can be more frustrating than your girlfriend!
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
I have had a Devialet Expert 120 for 5 years now and want to upgrade it.  It is very good I must admit, but have heard 220Pros with CI and much better

There is no link on the Devialet website any more to order an upgrade
Devialet refer me to a local agent who tells me straight away they do not handle this, it sent to yet another agent who will "probably" send the unit to Paris.

Timeline - well, he hesitates.  Its difficult, depends how busy they are, could be anything from a month to two or three

On complaining to Devialet, after a few days I receive a reply referring me to the same local agent.  Call their +44 number and give it stick.  She has no idea, does not know that the e-commerce part of the website is no longer working and will find out (sounded like a junior).  No response so call again.  This time a snooty lady answers with a plummy English accent.  "Oh, South Africa" she says.  "Don't you have someone there to look after it".  I said yes, but he is of no help.  With that she cut the call

It was suggested I contact one Sebastien Faure.  The email was returned "User unknown at this address"

There is a forum member here wishing to sell his 220Pro.  If I can get around the bank's red tape, then I will buy it.

Dealing with Devialet is a waste of energy.  Now and then I receive these generic responses "We wish to know if you are happy with our response".  Must be generated by a computer, as whatever you reply you get the same email a few days later
(06-Feb-2021, 14:10)chrisc Wrote: I have had a Devialet Expert 120 for 5 years now and want to upgrade it.  It is very good I must admit, but have heard 220Pros with CI and much better

There is no link on the Devialet website any more to order an upgrade
Devialet refer me to a local agent who tells me straight away they do not handle this, it sent to yet another agent who will "probably" send the unit to Paris.

Timeline - well, he hesitates.  Its difficult, depends how busy they are, could be anything from a month to two or three

On complaining to Devialet, after a few days I receive a reply referring me to the same local agent.  Call their +44 number and give it stick.  She has no idea, does not know that the e-commerce part of the website is no longer working and will find out (sounded like a junior).  No response so call again.  This time a snooty lady answers with a plummy English accent.  "Oh, South Africa" she says.  "Don't you have someone there to look after it".  I said yes, but he is of no help.  With that she cut the call

It was suggested I contact one Sebastien Faure.  The email was returned "User unknown at this address"

There is a forum member here wishing to sell his 220Pro.  If I can get around the bank's red tape, then I will buy it.

Dealing with Devialet is a waste of energy.  Now and then I receive these generic responses "We wish to know if you are happy with our response".  Must be generated by a computer, as whatever you reply you get the same email a few days later

Don't see these pages? 

https://www.devialet.com/en-eu/amplifier...de-expert/
https://www.devialet.com/en-eu/amplifier...0-contact/
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia
Yes, but there is no e-commerce link any more, you are invited to send an email

See post # 1