Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods
Another addition to the range, looks good based on the picture.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/isoacousti...los-blocks
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I’ve had my Olympica lls on the pods for quite some time now.
Having a listen this afternoon at live sound volume and listening to different types of music, with the stock spikes I’d have large amounts of bass frequency being transmitted into my suspended floor that I’d feel through my feet. With the Gaias fitted, there is no transfer that I can detect. The three spikes on the cups aren’t long enough to pierce right through the carpet let alone a springy underlay but are optimally angled to grip the carpet and prevent lateral movement and the speakers feel and sound really solidly planted as a result. There’s a definite increase in imaging accuracy and the space between instruments gives  a real depth to the soundstage. I don’t think they don’t look quite as elegant as the spikes, but it’s a small trade off. 
Very pleased with the results.  Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I too have been using the GAIAs under my Olympica IIs for the past few months with great success. Completely agree with Axel's comments. I went back and forth comparing the GAIAs with the spikes a couple of times and found the GAIAs an obvious improvement.
I have sand and lead filled stands that were sitting on spikes. The spikes had come off their plates and scratched the floor so I bought some GAIAs to protect my floor. With all the weight in the stands I didn't expect any improvement but there definitely was. The highs have settled down a bit. Not a bad investment if you ask me. Looks great too.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.