Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods
(16-Apr-2019, 22:20)BrianT Wrote: Living here in Ottawa, Canada. IsoAcoustics are not a bad price.

Gaia 2 are $395.00 cnd tax in approx 226 pounds
Gaia 3 are $283.00 cnd tax in approx 162 pounds

The Gaia 1 are a little pricy at $791.00 cnd tax in, and thats what I would need for
my B&W 803D3 not doable at the moment.

So if any of you guys/gals in the UK want to save a few pounds, I can order here in Canada
and ship from London England when I go next month (19 May) I would guess that mail would be around 10/15 pounds
but you guys who live there could check on that.

I love my Orea Bronze footers under my 440 PRO CI

Brian

Thanks Brian

That’s a kind offer.  I think I’ll try and get some from a local dealer here.

Regards

Chrid
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Hi Brian,

I sent you a PM

Regards......Dave
Well, I took the plunge and ordered the GAIA lls for my SF Olympica IIs, there will be a few days wait for the longer threads I'll need. However, I really got carried away and ordered the GAIA IIIs for my Roksan TMS 3 too! I checked the supplied GAIA threads and it should work. Will keep you updated. Anyone else committed?
(23-Apr-2019, 20:46)NickTMS Wrote: Well, I took the plunge and ordered the GAIA lls. Anyone else committed?
Alex should answer that !!! Wink

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(23-Apr-2019, 22:43)BrianT Wrote:
(23-Apr-2019, 20:46)NickTMS Wrote: Well, I took the plunge and ordered the GAIA lls. Anyone else committed?
Alex should answer that !!! Wink

Brian

Yes indeed!  I have taken Brian up on his kind offer and asked him to bring two sets of Gaia ll and a set of extra long bolts when he comes over to the UK next month.  Because of the excellent price and exchange rate, I was able to afford the Gaia ll although theoretically I could have got away with the Gaia lll as they will handle 32kg and my speakers are 31kg.  I decided to go with the Gaias even without auditioning them. The reviews I have read have all been positive and sometimes it’s just nice to know that you have got your speakers isolated in the best way possible. I’ll post my impressions when I have them installed and nicely settled.

Edit: Isoacoustics tell me that the base of the Gaia lll is indeed articulated in the same manner as the l and ll
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Hi all, Had the GAIA in place under my Olly IIs for a week now and getting amazing results. Music is definitely more lifelike with tangible texture. Bass is also better defined. No negatives so far. The only weird thing is that I found they took 4 days to settle. It will be interesting to hear about other experiences.
Hi Nick

Great that they’re working well, I’d be interested to see what they look like.

Are you able to post a picture?

Thanks

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(08-May-2019, 00:39)NickTMS Wrote: Hi all, Had the GAIA in place under my Olly IIs for a week now and getting amazing results. Music is definitely more lifelike with tangible texture. Bass is also better defined. No negatives so far. The only weird thing is that I found they took 4 days to settle. It will be interesting to hear about other experiences.

That’s good news, Nick. What sort of surface are your Ollys sitting on?  If carpet, are you using the spiked discs made by Isoacoustics for this purpose? I’ll be using mine on carpet, but I’m going to try it without the disks first. Can anyone comment on the need to use spiked disks? My thinking is that if the vibrations from the speaker are dealt with before they can reach the interface with the floor, then what difference would further coupling with the floor make?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I suspect the spiked disks are spiked just to prevent the speakers to slide too easily if pushed on, not for any coupling reason.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(08-May-2019, 10:42)Axel Wrote:
(08-May-2019, 00:39)NickTMS Wrote: Hi all, Had the GAIA in place under my Olly IIs for a week now and getting amazing results. Music is definitely more lifelike with tangible texture. Bass is also better defined. No negatives so far. The only weird thing is that I found they took 4 days to settle. It will be interesting to hear about other experiences.

That’s good news, Nick. What sort of surface are your Ollys sitting on?  If carpet, are you using the spiked discs made by Isoacoustics  for this purpose? I’ll be using mine on carpet, but I’m going to try it without the disks first.  Can anyone comment on the need to use spiked disks?  My thinking is that if the vibrations from the speaker are dealt with before they can reach the interface with the floor, then what difference would further coupling with the floor make?

Hi, I am using them on a carpeted floor (floorboards) with the spiked discs. I tried with and without and I'm not really sure I heard much difference between the two.