Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Isoacoustics Gaia Isolation pods
I ordered these about 8 months ago, but due to a pending move I put off installing them. I just got around to installing them yesterday on my Vivid Audio G3s which needed 3 boxes of them, 12 total. I am using them on a tile floor, much better than the spikes on slides as an option in my humble option, easy to install by laying the G3s on their side. So obviously given the different room, no ability to compare to other solution, or rather I am not going to try switching between the spikes and these, call me lazy. I got the Gaia III after consultations with the company.

Barr
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Some light reading......

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/isoacou...-163384961
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I’ve been thinking of trying the Gaia pods under my Olympica ll speakers. Isoacoustics offer a calculator to select the correct footer to match your speakers. It tells me that I need the GAIA ll, but it overstates the weight of the Olympicas at 75lbs. According to the Sonus faber website, they are 68.3 lbs each. Not much of a difference, but it means that they fall within the weight limit of the Gaia lll.
Because it has been suggested that the Orea pucks work best when optimally loaded, I’m wondering whether the Gaia lll would be better than the ll under my speakers. Both the Gaia ll and lll are available with M8 threads, so either will fit the Ollys.
Has anyone tried Gaias under their Ollys? If so which version did you use?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Well spotted Axel. I too am looking to try the GAIA's at some point under the Olympica ii's. Sooner rather than later if I can get away with the GAIA iii. I know it might not make a huge difference but if you subtract the weight of the Olympica spikes it will come in lighter still.
I’ve also been thinking about trying some on mine but I can’t get my head round having the speakers without the backwards tilt, the amount of adjustment by the thread will be quite limited.

You could use the Gaia II on the front and III at the back but that would put more load on the back ones and also apply a backward twist so I don’t think it would work so well. Of course it could still be better than the regular spikes?
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
I contacted IsoAcoustics today and they were really helpful. To summarise, we can use either the GAIA ll or lll but the Olly 2 is at the top end of the performance curve for the GAIA lll. However they say it will still be effective but the GAIA ll has the edge in performance. We just need a brave individual to try this out .......
(15-Apr-2019, 21:18)NickTMS Wrote: I contacted IsoAcoustics today and they were really helpful. To summarise, we can use either the GAIA ll or lll but the Olly 2 is at the top end of the performance curve for the GAIA lll. However they say it will still be effective but the GAIA ll has the edge in performance.  We just need a brave individual to try this out .......

@NickTMS. You beat me to it Nick. I got exactly the same answer.
@Chris Marshall. I was also worried about losing the backward tilt but if you look on the Isoacoustics site and the Gaia page, here: http://www.isoacoustics.com/products/gaia-series/, the second video by a guy called a Streaky reviews the Gaia l and shows (at 2.00 mins in) that the part that touches the floor moves independently of the main body. This means that if you use Gaias with long threads - which are available to order - at the front and shorter ones at the back, then all of the foot of the Gaia will contact the floor.  If the bottom of the Gaia was not articulated, then because the mounting bracket is parallel to the bottom of the speaker, we would have the problem of only part of the foot being in contact with the floor if we tried to set them up with the backward tilt.
I’m in contact with Isoacoustics to ask whether the base of the Gaia lll is also articulated. I’ll post as soon as I know.
Here is a link to a good installation video:https://youtu.be/ldWHl7HJJhM
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
That's really helpful, thanks Axel
Yes, thanks Axel, sounds like they should work well then.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Living here in Ottawa, Canada. IsoAcoustics are not a bad price.

Gaia 2 are $395.00 cnd tax in approx 226 pounds
Gaia 3 are $283.00 cnd tax in approx 162 pounds

The Gaia 1 are a little pricy at $791.00 cnd tax in, and thats what I would need for
my B&W 803D3 not doable at the moment.

So if any of you guys/gals in the UK want to save a few pounds, I can order here in Canada
and ship from London England when I go next month (19 May) I would guess that mail would be around 10/15 pounds
but you guys who live there could check on that.

I love my Orea Bronze footers under my 440 PRO CI

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.