Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isolators & ExpertPro
Hi 2 all, 
Does anyone of you use isolators / anti-vibration feet under your Devialet? Does it make any sense since Devialet doesn’t have any spinning parts? 
Thanks
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
Have been using Isoacoustics products (hint: could not hear difference between consumer and cheaper pro audio range) in my stereo and home theatre setups. While the ExpertPro does not have spinning parts, it can still pick up vibration that may impact sound quality.

They are cheap, so why not try the ISO Pucks?
https://isoacoustics.com/iso-puck/
They can work for speakers, amps and even Ethernet switches e.g. Uptone EtherRegen. It does not work on everything e.g. Intel NUC with no moving parts, but it is easy to move them around. For the Expert Pro, suggest using 4 Minis which are lower than normal pucks. Minis come in pack of 8 and you can use the spares to experiment.
Hi Zoran,

There is a thread about Orea isolation footers, and some others. I can't remember what the title of the thread is. But to give an answer to your question, I do use three IsoAccoustics Orea Bronze footers under my D220. I haven't tried it without them since I received them, but I recall that once I put them under the amp, I decided fairly quickly to keep them, rather than sell or return them. The improvement was not dramatic, but noticeable. It seemed to add clarity, or a kind of fineness, to the sound. This is even with my equipment on a wall mounted shelf.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(23-Feb-2021, 00:21)Damon Wrote: Hi Zoran,

There is a thread about Orea isolation footers, and some others. I can't remember what the title of the thread is. But to give an answer to your question, I do use three IsoAccoustics Orea Bronze footers under my D220. I haven't tried it without them since I received them, but I recall that once I put them under the amp, I decided fairly quickly to keep them, rather than sell or return them. The improvement was not dramatic, but noticeable. It seemed to add clarity, or a kind of fineness, to the sound. This is even with my equipment on a wall mounted shelf.

+1.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
+1
They do respond to isolation.
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
I have very good results with Sorbothane feet under devialet 800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi to all,
many thanks to all of you for your answers and your advice about isolators for Devialet.
@Snoopy8: yes, I think I will give it a try to IsoPucks mini. It is not "painful" Smile .. 8 pieces for $99.
@Damon: many thanks for sharing your experience. Well, yes, any percentage up in this hobby is not easy to achieve. Buying Orea or Mini will not be costly action, and if I get even a few percents better sound, I will be glad Smile
@BoyScout: many thanks for the advice. let me put one question at you: do you use 3 or 4 isolators?
@ICUDoc: thanks for sharing your experience. Appreciate it
@no32: yes, aesthetically Sorbothane looks somehow better for my taste, not so "flashy" as IsoPuck. I mean, Devialet is very elegant and sleek. IsoPuck looks perfect on some equipment with higher dimensions.

anyhow, thank you very much guys, I will definitely try something Smile
all the best
Zoran
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
@BoyScout: many thanks for the advice. let me put one question at you: do you use 3 or 4 isolators?

I use four, not only for aesthetic reasons but also because the weight is smaller and better distributed by each one. 
Don´t place them under the Dev´s feet but beside, exactly like Isoacoustics advises.
I tried both ways and they´re right.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
Hi Zoran, here are my experiences!

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Isolatio...4#pid94894

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(24-Feb-2021, 15:17)BoyScout Wrote: @BoyScout: many thanks for the advice. let me put one question at you: do you use 3 or 4 isolators?

I use four, not only for aesthetic reasons but also because the weight is smaller and better distributed by each one. 
Don´t place them under the Dev´s feet but beside, exactly like Isoacoustics advises.
I tried both ways and they´re right.

Hi BoyScout, thanks for the help again. But just curious, you realized the difference in the sound when put feet under Dev's feet and beside them? Very interesting.