Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with Dual Mono
If you own dual monos and you've experienced the problems with the online configurator, I'd suggest submitting a ticket to Devialet. I have done so and the response I received was that they recognize the problem but that since it is not a problem on single box configs and that most users that own dual monos understand the need to start a complete new config, fixing this is not currently on their list.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I will.
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
mdconnelly Wrote:If you own dual monos and you've experienced the problems with the online configurator, I'd suggest submitting a ticket to Devialet.  I have done so and the response I received was that they recognize the problem but that since it is not a problem on single box configs and that most users that own dual monos understand the need to start a complete new config,  fixing this is not currently on their list.
 I have to say I found the above comment to be very interesting.  Specifically the Devialet statement "that most users that own dual monos understand the need to start a complete new config".  I mean, how are "most users" supposed to know this?  Angry  I actually checked on the Devialet website, there is nothing there.  (not that I could find anyway, so if it is buried somewhere it is certainly not obvious)  Actually, all I can find on their website are a number of nicely stored old configurations of mine that apparently I am not to use because I already know that I should start a new config from scratch.

Maybe Devialet have provided this useful information in an email?  After all, I do subscribe to their newsletters.  Checking back over recent Devialet emails there is some stuff about "Unknown Atmospheres", "Head in the clouds" (strangely appropriate that one) "Experience a masterpiece", and many other fine emails.  Nothing I could find advising dual mono users to start a new config. 

How nice would it be to get the odd email with a few hints and tips that would avoid Configurator perils and similar.  I could write one in less than an hour.  What is Devialet's excuse?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I have created a ticket today on this.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(14-May-2020, 08:53)Confused Wrote:
mdconnelly Wrote:If you own dual monos and you've experienced the problems with the online configurator, I'd suggest submitting a ticket to Devialet.  I have done so and the response I received was that they recognize the problem but that since it is not a problem on single box configs and that most users that own dual monos understand the need to start a complete new config,  fixing this is not currently on their list.
 I have to say I found the above comment to be very interesting.  Specifically the Devialet statement "that most users that own dual monos understand the need to start a complete new config".  I mean, how are "most users" supposed to know this?  Angry  I actually checked on the Devialet website, there is nothing there.  (not that I could find anyway, so if it is buried somewhere it is certainly not obvious)  Actually, all I can find on their website are a number of nicely stored old configurations of mine that apparently I am not to use because I already know that I should start a new config from scratch.

Maybe Devialet have provided this useful information in an email?  After all, I do subscribe to their newsletters.  Checking back over recent Devialet emails there is some stuff about "Unknown Atmospheres", "Head in the clouds" (strangely appropriate that one) "Experience a masterpiece", and many other fine emails.  Nothing I could find advising dual mono users to start a new config. 

How nice would it be to get the odd email with a few hints and tips that would avoid Configurator perils and similar.  I could write one in less than an hour.  What is Devialet's excuse?

I just submitted a followup on my ticket stating exactly this.... they either need to fix this or find a way to better communicate with existing owners of dual mono configurations about the problem.    Right now, the only way customers learn of this is either reading posts here or, more likely, finding out the hard way that editing an existing configuration may result in significant problems and then submitting a ticket.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(14-May-2020, 08:53)Confused Wrote:

We know that Devialet are aware of Devialet Chat. Perhaps Devialet assume that most owners of their amplifiers are DC members and are therefore aware of the advice to create a config file from scratch. Maybe Devialet are relying on DC members to do the "heavy lifting" and solve their problems for them. If this is the case, perhaps Devialet should put a link to Devialet Chat on their website.  Wink
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Following up from the above posts, I too sent a request to Devialet, and received a very nice response.  I requested confirmation re the dual mono configurator issue, plus I complained that Devialet are not communicating information like this

First point, yes, Devialet confirm that dual mono users should redo configs from scratch.  Note to @Axel re the comment above - I spend enough time on this forum, and I have to be honest, I had not picked up that dual mono configs should be done from scratch.  I think there is a difference between reading a string of posts where someone lists all sorts of configurator problems they are having, then says "I solved this from doing the config from scratch", where as a forum reader you just think "the guy had some issues and found a workaround", and reading a definitive "it is now the case that all dual mono configurations must be done from scratch".  Which takes us back to the Devialet communication issue.

Second point, the emails says this:

I will forward your feedback to the team in charge. I have also added your voice to our "Voice of Customers" list for our management to review.

So Devialet have a "Voice of Customers" list that gets reviewed by management.  Who knew?

I wonder if they read these:

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Messages-to-Devialet

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Summary-...let-issues
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I also raised a ticket requesting an improvement that would remove the need to start dual mono configs from scratch.

I got a polite answer that today it's needed to restart configurations from scratch...

Cheers,
Bernard
(14-May-2020, 15:51)mdconnelly Wrote: they either need to fix this or find a way to better communicate with existing owners of dual mono configurations about the problem.   

Hmm...  So this error in Configurator would affect all dual mono users, including Original d'Atelier, D1000, D440, D210 plus all D400, D500, D800 etc? I should think Devialet ought to rush fixing this! I am sure I would force my developers to sort this, within an hour or so, if I was in charge.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Maybe it‘s time to keep them pushing via their official support email address. So that the again become aware of our situation and still very annoying bugs left open for months / years