Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jplay
Hello, just found this forumSmile

I revived my Devialet last week, I have also procured a dedicated PC to play my music (a fanless Shuttel) I works very good, I am using Foobar and AIR over Ethernet. I am thinking on trying the jplay software, but I am not sure it will work with the AIR application? And if it does will it have any benefit?

Can somebody give some insights?

Otherwise I am really satisfied with AMP, it replaced a 40kg class A amp, and I upgrade because of the Dev just sounded betterCool

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
(13-Jul-2014, 23:25)Morten Wrote: Hello, just found this forumSmile

I revived my Devialet last week, I have also procured a dedicated PC to play my music (a fanless Shuttel) I works very good, I am using Foobar and AIR over Ethernet. I am thinking on trying the jplay software, but I am not sure it will work with the AIR application? And if it does will it have any benefit?

Otherwise I am really satisfied with AMP, it replaced a 40kg class A amp, and I upgrade because of the Dev just sounded betterCool

Kind regards Morten

Welcome to the Devialet world Morten.

I use JPlay with AIR, computer connected to the Devialet with direct ethernet. And yes, it makes all the difference.

Just make sure you specify higher buffer values on JPlay. Increases the latency a little bit but eliminates dropouts.

It works with both wired and wireless AIR.

Happy listening,

Kunter
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(14-Jul-2014, 15:05)Kunter Wrote:
(13-Jul-2014, 23:25)Morten Wrote: Hello, just found this forumSmile

Kind regards Morten

Welcome to the Devialet world Morten.

I use JPlay with AIR, computer connected to the Devialet with direct ethernet. And yes, it makes all the difference.

Just make sure you specify higher buffer values on JPlay. Increases the latency a little bit but eliminates dropouts.

Happy listening,

Kunter

Thanks Kunter, I will give it a try, I am connected via a router, I hope that it will still work...

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
You might also want to look at this:
http://www.jriver.com/jplay.html

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Hello Matt

Interesting... I guess that I will use my work PC to do a test, if it is no good I don't want to "pollute" my music PC.

Are you the fellow from what hi-fi with the long speaker thread?

Regards Morten

Denmark
(15-Jul-2014, 21:49)Morten Wrote: Hello Matt

Interesting... I guess that I will use my work PC to do a test, if it is no good I don't want to "pollute" my music PC.

Are you the fellow from what hi-fi with the long speaker thread?

Regards Morten

Yes, Morten, I went through more speakers than I can remember!

I'm extremely happy with my Martin Logans. It would take something very remarkable and very expensive to move me away from electrostatics now.

Cheers,

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
London
@Jwg - I was thinking you must be the infamous What Hi Fi Matt.... Looks like you've been outed!
Good to hear that you found the right combo.

I have once heard ML, with some tube amps, they where also extremely impressive.

Have a nice evening

Kind regards Morten

Denmark
(15-Jul-2014, 21:59)Confused Wrote: @Jwg - I was thinking you must be the infamous What Hi Fi Matt.... Looks like you've been outed!

Am I infamous? I like that! Angel

The numbers '49' in both usernames should have been a giveaway. Blush

Matt

London
(14-Jul-2014, 15:05)Kunter Wrote: Just make sure you specify higher buffer values on JPlay. Increases the latency a little bit but eliminates dropouts.

Happy listening,

Kunter

Hi Kunter

could you please tell us which settings you use? Even if we use different HW it would be good to start with settings that is known to work. Asio buffer in MC, buffer and other settings in Jplay and the buffer setting in AIR. Wasapi? KS?
I use wired ethernet all the way. No wifi other than for remote control with iPods and Androids
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB