Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Klipsch Forte iii
Anyone tried the Klipsch forte iii with a 220 pro/ci? The forte iii is very efficient, will that work well with the output of the 220 pro or is it too much power?
(18-Aug-2019, 19:02)Soundside Wrote: Anyone tried the Klipsch forte iii with a 220 pro/ci? The forte iii is very efficient, will that work well with the output of the 220 pro or is it too much power?

It will work very well. I’ve used Cornwall iii’s and rf7’s on a 220 pro to great effect. If you think it is too much power though you can lower the devialet’s wattage in the configurator.
Devialet 220 pro, Monitor Audio PL500 II
What did you think of the Cornwall III's? There is something about old-school Klipsch design and Devialet together that seems like an unusual union, but I am intrigued by the efficiency of the Klipsch speakers and hope that translates into good low volume listening.

Also like the legacy of Klipsch and NYC Loft party.
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

(09-Oct-2019, 09:59)rchinn Wrote: What did you think of the Cornwall III's? There is something about old-school Klipsch design and Devialet together that seems like an unusual union, but I am intrigued by the efficiency of the Klipsch speakers and hope that translates into good low volume listening.

Also like the legacy of Klipsch and NYC Loft party.

I thought the Cornwall iii were an excellent speaker and they had very very good clarity with the devialet, even at low volumes.  You did need to turn the wick up a bit to get the bass pumping though.
Some online reviews suggest the Forte III performs better than the Cornwall III for midrange. And the extra power might push them too harsh.
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

(30-Oct-2019, 20:54)rchinn Wrote: Some online reviews suggest the Forte III performs better than the Cornwall III for midrange. And the extra power might push them too harsh.
Well there may be a touch of truth in the midrange comment as the forte iii has the new larger rubber tractrix horn, but I don’t think the power comment would be valid. However the new Cornwall iv has a larger midrange horn and by all accounts is a fantastic speaker.