Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest firmware upgrade (Roon)
(19-Feb-2020, 10:07)Axel Wrote:
(19-Feb-2020, 03:38)Lincolnlad Wrote: Thank you for such a comprehensive reply.  I shall look into all these points in the morning.  The folder I copied did include the “Read Me” firmware guides.  Should I take them off the sd card? (Hence only 12 individual items)
No, just copy all of the files onto the SD card and you’re good to go.
I said I was a computer numptie.  Had put the folder on the sd card.  Have cleaned sd card, formatted it, put 14 individual items onto card and it seems to be working!   One final question if you don’t mind, I have read somewhere that once the software is loaded on to the Pro, I need to remove sd card, wipe clean and then apply configurateur.  Is that the procedure?
thank you in advance
(19-Feb-2020, 13:01)Lincolnlad Wrote:
(19-Feb-2020, 10:07)Axel Wrote:
(19-Feb-2020, 03:38)Lincolnlad Wrote: Thank you for such a comprehensive reply.  I shall look into all these points in the morning.  The folder I copied did include the “Read Me” firmware guides.  Should I take them off the sd card? (Hence only 12 individual items)
No, just copy all of the files onto the SD card and you’re good to go.
I said I was a computer numptie.  Had put the folder on the sd card.  Have cleaned sd card, formatted it, put 14 individual items onto card and it seems to be working!   One final question if you don’t mind, I have read somewhere that once the software is loaded on to the Pro, I need to remove sd card, wipe clean and then apply configurateur.  Is that the procedure?
thank you in advance

It’s not really necessary to wipe the card after the update since the amps delete a certain file as part of the update process which indicates it does not need to update again at next power-up. However I do always delete all the files and then indeed copy the config file to the card.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Hi, don't copy the Folder on the SD Card, instead copy each of the 14 files (or all of them together, however not the Folder containing them... just the files). The files need to be "at the very root" of the SD-Card.
Kind regards,
Benoît - Berlin, Germany
(19-Feb-2020, 15:39)Benoît FFE Wrote: Hi, don't copy the Folder on the SD Card, instead copy each of the 14 files (or all of them together, however not the Folder containing them... just the files). The files need to be "at the very root" of the SD-Card.
Kind regards,
Benoît - Berlin, Germany
Thank you so much.  Everything now sorted and music playing again!
Hi everyone, I now have stereo music again. Thank you all so much for helping this numptie.