Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest reco for link cable?
Hi team,

I am very late to the party but it looks like I may have found a second D250 Pro to turn my existing one into a 1000 Pro CI.

I was wondering what the latest view is about the digital link btwn the 2 units:
- RCA to RCA vs RCA to AES/EBU?
- whether the brand/level of refinement of the cable makes a discernible difference?
- what recommended cables there would be?
- whether my guts feeling that the shortest possible cable is ideal matches your experience?

My current intention is to go with a Chord SarumT 1m RCA-RCA but I wondering whether this is really needed...

Thank you,

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Many here have found that the link cable does make a noticeable difference to sound quality, and have their preferences for brand (very few prefer a lower level within a brand). There seemed to be a weight of preference for RCA-AES, although mine changed to RCA-RCA with the latest Devialet models (others still prefer RCA-AES). Too short a cable may increase reflections, but excess length may not pass high-res, so probably best to stick with a reasonable stock length. There's copious reading available in other threads on the site for detailed comparisons of cables.
Thanks a lot! Much appreciated.

I have found a couple of threads indeed, but most were more than 2 years old.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Search for the cables of interest. Many reviews hide in people's system threads or get interspersed in other topics. Old reviews are also usually still applicable because the cables remain the same for many years.
Do we have any feedback on that from Mattheau?
This cable has a big effect on the sound. I prefer RCA-AES if there is no other cable going between the Master & Companion.

Devialet ships some 1000 Pros with an Audioquest Carbon RCA-RCA cable, which is decent.

I use an Audioquest Diamond RCA-RCA with older DBS pack + a custom RCA-Female-XLR-Male adapter.

Note and warning if you are considering Audioquest DBS cables, the newer ones with the new DBS pack don't work as the link cable. The new DBS pack has a different noise filter which interferes with the Devialet's link signal. The older DBS packs work. If you do decide to try AQ DBS cables for the link, make sure you can return the cable if it doesn't work.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
I'm using an Audioquest Diamond with the newer Carbon DBS pack, and it works perfectly (including 24-bit files).
There apparently was some problem between Audioquest and Devialet which they've resolved, and Audioquest will fix the affected cables. Some members here even got upgrades out of it (lucky ducks).
Thanks for the update.

I must confess that I am not too big a fan of audioquest, they are not on my short list for this cable. But I appreciate the inputs anyway.

Cheers,
Bernard
Check also Vertere cables. But obviously Devialet really very much trusts Audioquest.
It did make a really impact on the sound for me with the link between the Devialet. I have tried different brands like Shunyata top model and Silk, I did find the silk work fine. I did find Shunyata fatigue for my ears after a while. At the end I did try Purist Audio Dominus RCA-RCA and it works really lovely this did bring a organic and life full sound with a huge soundstage that I fall in love with!
Purist recomend 1.5 m lenght on their digital cabels.
Devialet 1000 PRO CI, Franco Serblin Ktema. Power Distribution Purist Audio Design AC Extension LE, Purist Audio Neptune speaker cable, Purist Audio Neptune Diamond power cable to Devialet, Purist Audio Aquila Digital Power Cord to Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Purist Audio Dominus digital For link between Devialet 1000 PRO. Purist Audio CAT 7, AVID - Sequel SP with SME 309 and Soundsmith - The Voice, IsoAcoustics Gaia II , Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Router with Ferrum Hypsos PSU.