Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest reco for link cable?
I've tried a load of cables including RCA-AES and RCA-RCA and eneded up with the new Siltech 380D, part of Siltech's new Legend range. Best cable yet in my set up. I use two 250 Pros configured as a 1000 Pro, and both using Furutech DPS4.1 mains cables with top of the range connectors.
This might be the best thread for my question:

Following the advice given by many on this forum, I got the Mogami 3080 with Neutrik Gold RCA for the Master side and Neutrik Gold XLR on the other to connect to the AES/EBI input on the Companion. After some trial and error I managed to get the settings right to make it work. Pin 1 is still connected, but I will disconnect it later.

One question: Does this digital cable need to be run in as any other cable? In the meantime, will the right channel (= the Companion) sound a bit different?

Thanks for sharing your experience and advice!
Devialet 440 Pro C.I., Innuos Zen Mk3, Origin Live Calypso with Illustrious arm and Soundsmith Zephyr cartridge, KEF Reference 3, Vertere speaker cables and interconnects, 2 Nanotech 309 power cables for the 440, GigaWatt power strip and cables