Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link Mac Mini direct to Devialet Expert via Ethernet
Just came onto this thread. Here's another simple option.
This is what I have done to connect my headless Mini to Deviate via ethernet, with WIFI running at the same time.
Get a pair of Power line adaptors, they are becoming very common and popular. It uses the home electrical outlets to piggy back ethernet signal. So you can now have ethernet connection anywhere as long as there's a power outlet nearby. I used it for everything in my home and office instead of rewiring the ethernet cables. E.G. Apple TV, Netflix etc.

Do a search for Power Line adaptors by any popular networking company. They are inexpensive.

Cheers.
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
Thank you, Giddy707, I will definitely look into this.
Hi I am a Devialet newbie. Got to say this forum is fantastic and would  have been lost without it. This thread was a great starting point for me to connect my mac mini. I thought I would share my experience for anyone trying a similar set up:-

Internet via WIFI__MacMini__Ethernet__Devialet 130 Pro
(I dont have a router / ethernet connection near my hifi set up. So Mac mini connects to internet via wifi. I plugged ethernet to devialet.)

Took me a while to work out how to get wifi & Ethernet to work at the same time. I took baddogs guide, but had to tweak it a bit to get it to work in my case.
For me what was crucial was:-
1 Ethernet connection should be on a different subnet to my wifi on the Mac (e.g. for a mask of 255.255.255.x, my wifi used 192.168.0.x, so I set ethernet to 192.168.2.x)
(Apply similar IP change on devialet configurator>ethernet>advanced config to 192.168.2.y)
2 Mac>System preferences>network>Ethernet setting copied from baddog advice except I left *router setting  blank* . Otherwise internet calls we periodically getting misrouted. (At least I think that is what was happening, but I may have been mistaken).  
3 Finally I reverted the step to modify Mac>System preferences>sharing>Internet sharing for wifi to ethernet. When internet sharing was turned off,  devialet air driver teardrop switched from greyed out to black.

..Oh and from a devialet configurator perspective I got cleaner results starting new, rather than editing an existing configs. I am not convinced an edit always cleans up after itself

So after a few hours of tinkering, FLAC over ethernet works great!
I would not have got anywhere without the great tips on this site.
cheers
ex-Expert 210 Pro