Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Loudness between reactors
Yes, firmware do sometimes sound different as they change the audio curves. This happened with the full sized Phantoms.
Hello, well..
I updated both speakers to the same firmware, and also switch between left and right.
I still felt there was a sound difference between the two, where the old one is louder so i decided
To send back the new one, and as i told to devialet customer service, they should know
How passionate their costumers are and pay more attention to this details.
I hope the new one will match the old..
In the meantime does anyone think of a reason for this happening?
I used both speakers almost everyday for 2 weeks so I don’t know if the break in theory applies.
Devialet commercials say they test every speaker with i dont know how many quality checks
So im puzzled ? 
Still don’t regret the purchase at all, I understand this is a new kind of product and we are early adopters
Damn. I want to pull the trigger but I really don't want to put up with quality control issues.
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
No problems here so far. Hope you get it sorted.
Living Room: Devialet Dione
I also purchased the second reactor a year after the first one, but I have not noticed any loudness difference between the two reactors once they were paired in stereo with the Devialet app.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
Hello! It’s been a while but I finally got the new Reactor.
Couple conclusions came.
First, definitely there was something with the speaker that made it sound quieter, the new one
Matches the old one in terms of sound and bass response.
Second, stereo sound on this speakers makes a huge difference, it’s amazing how they open and feel
Compared to a single reactor.
So overall very happy now, don’t regret for a second purchasing.
Also got a cocoon and have to say it’s beautiful.
Good to hear @Juanbk! So your suspicion was right, there was something wrong with the new Reactor
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB