Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magico A3
(01-Jun-2018, 19:38)midi Wrote: I´m going to hear the A3 next week with a Devialet 220PRO. If I decide quickly, I could get a pair in the next 4 weeks... I'm curious about it.

Where are you located?

I'm also quite interested in the A3 but finding a dealer to hear it is a bit of a challenge.   I'm in NC USA and it turns out there is one about 90 minutes away so I'm hoping to get a chance to hear them in his shop at some point.   I can't imagine they won't sound amazing with the Expert Pros.   I'm eager to hear what you think!
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(01-Jun-2018, 19:38)midi Wrote: I´m going to hear the A3 next week with a Devialet 220PRO. If I decide quickly, I could get a pair in the next 4 weeks... I'm curious about it.

midi

B&W 805D3 are a nice speaker, not as much bass as a floor stander 
I will be very interested in what you have to say about the A3

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(01-Jun-2018, 23:13)mdconnelly Wrote:

Where are you located?

I'm also quite interested in the A3 but finding a dealer to hear it is a bit of a challenge.   I'm in NC USA and it turns out there is one about 90 minutes away so I'm hoping to get a chance to hear them in his shop at some point.   I can't imagine they won't sound amazing with the Expert Pros.   I'm eager to hear what you think!

I am located in Germany, so not only 90 minutes away from you. The A3 was shown at the Highend in Germany a few weeks ago, so the A3 seems to be interesting this time for a few people.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
I´ve heard the A3 for about 90 minutes in perfect conditions. I was very impressed.

The music is detached from the speakers. great stage. Wonderful heights and middles. The bass was very dry, never booming, but also not the deepest one. I think a very very natural and precise reproduction, but without becoming boring. I could not recognize real mistakes. I could not see any weaknesses, maybe someone wants a stronger deeper bass and the unspectacular optics - not me. Perhaps the price, but I think its worth the money.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
thanks for the feedback, I am also very curious about the magico A3!
I can see you have some B&W 805 D3 and I am thinking about getting some B&W 802D3
How the A3 compare to your B&W on the high and mid range ? did you get a better sound than the diamond tweeter and the Continuum mid range?
Roon/Devialet Air/HTPC USB => Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity => Nordost Frey 2/strap Norse 2 => BW 802 D3
(09-Jun-2018, 23:08)zaienk Wrote: thanks for the feedback, I am also very curious about the magico A3!
I can see you have some B&W 805 D3 and I am thinking about getting some B&W 802D3
How the A3 compare to your B&W on the high and mid range ? did you get a better sound than the diamond tweeter and the Continuum mid range?

I have heard the A3 solo, not in a 1:1 comparison with the 805 D3 and under nearly perfect conditions with two Experts.

I like my 805 D3, but I would say if you hear not very loud, the A3 has advantages on the high and mid range. Very clear and still with a 3D effect. For me this was the biggest advantage in comparison with the 805 D3. Using my 805 D3 with SAM (for the moment there is no SAM for the A3), the 805 D3 seems to be a little bit „smoother“, the A3 more realistic, and very very detailed.

For me both are great speakers.
(10-Jun-2018, 09:27)midi Wrote:
(09-Jun-2018, 23:08)zaienk Wrote: thanks for the feedback, I am also very curious about the magico A3!

I have heard the A3 solo, not in a 1:1 comparison with the 805 D3 and under nearly perfect conditions with two Experts.

I like my 805 D3, but I would say if you hear not very loud, the A3 has advantages on the high and mid range. Very clear and still with a 3D effect. For me this was the biggest advantage in comparison with the 805 D3. Using my 805 D3 with SAM (for the moment there is no SAM for the A3), the 805 D3 seems to be a little bit „smoother“, the A3 more realistic, and very very detailed.

midi

Thanks for the post, the A3 sound real nice.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(10-Jun-2018, 12:51)BrianT Wrote:
(10-Jun-2018, 09:27)midi Wrote:

midi

Brian

I can't see how the B&W 805 D3 can be a direct comparison with the Magico A3. The 805s cost about £4,500 whereas the A3s are £12,000. I have the 803s, approximately £12,000, but have not heard the A3s so can't help on a 1:1 basis, but have yet to find any limit to the power i can put through the 803s. The sound and detail just seem to expand with absolutely no distortion. I have heard Magico's more expensive offerings and would be very happy to own them if they were in my price range.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(10-Jun-2018, 14:04)Gerronwithit Wrote:
(10-Jun-2018, 12:51)BrianT Wrote:
(10-Jun-2018, 09:27)midi Wrote: I have heard the A3 solo, not in a 1:1 comparison with the 805 D3 and under nearly perfect conditions with two Experts.

midi

Brian

I can't see how the B&W 805 D3 can be a direct comparison with the Magico A3. The 805s cost about £4,500 whereas the A3s are £12,000. I have the 803s, approximately £12,000, but have not heard the A3s so can't help on a 1:1 basis, but have yet to find any limit to the power i can put through the 803s. The sound and detail just seem to expand with absolutely no distortion. I have heard Magico's more expensive offerings and would be very happy to own them if they were in my price range.

Yes, there is a big price difference, but the question was to compare the high and the mids of the B&W 805 D3 with the A3. And if you compare the unit numbers and the manufactoring processes of both manufacturer´s you have to classify the price difference maybe.