Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main System
            My main two channel rig
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
(31-Mar-2020, 14:05)georgev Wrote: ’My main two channel rig
Great setup, George. Love those speakers; they go really well with the decor and I bet they sound wonderful driven by the Od’A.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I had enough trouble with the 803s those Vivid Audios would expensively spell out D I V O R C E. I am sure they sound superb and they do seem to fit stylistically into your room though.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
Thanks.
They do sound wonderful.
Not the ideal room for music.
It gives me pleasure.
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
A very nice system George.

I visited a Hifi show in the UK a couple of years ago. In one room Devialet were demonstrating the then very new 1000 Pro with Vivid Giya G2's. I spent quite a lot of time listening to this system, it was clear and detailed, and yet at the same time it was big, powerful, and "magnificent" sounding. Certainly one of the best sounding systems at the show that year. (and there was a lot of good stuff there) So a very similar set up to your own, I can just imagine how it sounds.

I also like the Magnum Dynalab Tuner. Nothing to do with sound quality, although I believe they do sound good, it's just that I get this fizzy feeling whenever I see something with VU meters, I am not sure why...

One question. I am quite interested cylindrical room treatment devices that you have in the back corners. Most products of this type are very intrusive, but these are quite subtle. Can you advise what they are exactly, and if you think they improve the acoustics of your room?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
@Confused :
Thanks Brian, i must say it does sound good.
Wrt the treatment, these were bass traps that were in my HT, and after some equipment changes there(HT), didn't need them.
Moved them to this room. They are filled with some foam, not sure what.
Helped to even out the LF's. Otherwise it was in some ways tending towards being overpowering.
Hardly using SAM atm.
It does have a "big" sound.
The Magnum does sound good too.
Currently playing around with a Valve audio Whisper phonostage as well.
Music Room:
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
Beautiful system George.
You must also upload some pics of the bedroom system with the Sonus Faber Olympica III, Devialet D-Premier and the Pass Labs. That is an equally good looking (and I bet sounding) system.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
Lovely system! What is the audio rack, BTW?
Fantastic system! I love the Giaya’s.

Grimm Audio MU1 (Roon+Qobuz)  ~   D220 Pro CI   ~   Magico A5
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond ethernet; Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU
Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Resonance Control: Bassocontinuo (rack); CeraBase slimline (footers)
The Netherlands -                        - August 2023 -
(01-Apr-2020, 14:53)Drifter Wrote: Beautiful system George.
You must also upload some pics of the bedroom system with the Sonus Faber Olympica III, Devialet D-Premier and the Pass Labs. That is an equally good looking (and I bet sounding) system.
Will do Heine.
On this thread?

(01-Apr-2020, 18:34)sfdude Wrote: Lovely system! What is the audio rack, BTW?

Made by a local manufacturer, Sound Structures.
Makes it to spec.
He makes some really high end stands, this is kind of mid fi.
Music Room:
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Johannesburg,
South Africa.