Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master mutes above -2.5db
Hi
I have a strange issue with my 400.
My master is muting above -2.5db. And my slave is working perfect. So above -2.5db only my right speaker (slave) is playing.
At -3.0db both devices play fine. At -2.5db the master disturbs, and above -2.5 the master is muting.

So far i have done:
1. Checked both amplifiers in stand alone mode. And both are working fine.
2. Switched master and slave
3. Switched speakers
4. Firmware check. Both ampliers has same firmware.
5. Switched SAMM off

Nothing seems to solve my problem.
Both amplifiers have same issue in master mode.
As far i can see it must be some problem in configuration. But i really dont understand.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks
Hi,
if I understand you correctly you have switched master and slave and then the same issue occurs on the other amp as well.
Then it can only be a configuration issue. Have you tried to create a new configuration with the default values ?
I had similar problems when changing the "relative Level" value in the speaker configuration to higher values.
Are you using this setting ?
(16-Jan-2020, 10:02)Vivialet Wrote: Hi,
if I understand you correctly you have switched master and slave and then the same issue occurs on the other amp as well.
Then it can only be a configuration issue. Have you tried to create a new configuration with the default values ?
I had similar problems when changing the "relative Level" value in the speaker configuration to higher values.
Are you using this setting ?

Hi, 

Many thanks for your reply, yes, it happens with both amplifiers when they are set up as master. Tonight i will try to create a new configuration. I cannot remember if i have changed the relative levels, but i will try it again with default values.
i have connected my Delialets with Sonus faber Armati Futura, but i can easily checked it also on a set Magico's. Maybe the SAM causes some issues. I will keep you posted. 
Once again many thanks
Have you checked the Last Fault screen on the amp?
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
(16-Jan-2020, 14:40)Dan Wrote: Have you checked the Last Fault screen on the amp?
Hi,

Thanks for you reply.
Yes, i did, I didnt have any faults on it.

I have noticed some small differences with software on the amps, which i dont understand yet

HW                          5.0.0                     5.0.0
SW                         10.1.0                    10.1.0

IHM                       10.1.0                    10.1.0
BL                           2.5                          2.8
PSU                         4.4                          4.4
BL                           2.5                          2.5
WIFI                       2.10                       2.10
HW                          0.0                         1.0

DSPM                   8.3                          8.3
DUET                   5.5                          5.5
BL                       2.1                          2.2
FPGA                   5.3                          5.3

ADHL                  3.3                          3.3
BL                      3.0                          3.0
ADHR                 3.3                          3.3
BL                      3.0                          3.0
I2S                    3.9                          3.9         
BL                      3.0                          3.0

DSPD                  2.10                       2.10
USA                    5.1                          5.1
Hi Alex - First to say welcome to the forum. Although it is a bit of a shame that your first post needed to be bug related, hopefully you will stick around for some more fun stuff once everything is resolved.

I do not have a direct answer to your issue, but I did make the effort to check the menu on my own amps. I have a 1000 Pro, so not an identical model to yourself, but it is dual mono. Scrolling trough the menus, I found that the BL and HW figures you mentioned above were in my case identical on both the master and companion. So your values do look a bit odd, but to me this does back up the theory mentioned by others that this is a configuration issue. So, there is likely nothing wrong with your amplifiers, it is just somewhere the configurator is pushing some rouge values onto one machine. I have to say, very well done spotting the inconsistencies, and I think you are on to something here. (It would be good if another D400 owner could check the values and report if they are consistent between master and companion, or not)

Judging by your first post, it looks like you are prepared to make the effort to logically investigate and problem solve the issue, so on this basis I have a suggestion. I would set up the most basic dual mono configuration possible. So just the default values, and nothing changed in the configurator except for selecting the D400 in dual mono mode.

With this done, check if the issue is resolved, and indeed if the BL and HW values now consistent between the two amplifiers. If not, I would try reloading the firmware, using one SD card, that is the same firmware SD card to load the firmware onto both master and companion. (you need to switch the SD card to "read only", otherwise the Devialet will write to the card so it knows not to use it to keep reloading the firmware every time it is started. So, load firmware onto the SD card, switch the SD card to read only, use it to load firmware onto both master and companion, then use separate SD cards for both the master and companion configurations)

If the BL and HW values do become consistent, then you could try re doing your configuration, adding one feature at a time. Presumably you will eventually find the individual configuration change that invokes the cut out issue or puts the BL and HW values out of sync.

I realise that this could be a very long and tedious task, but you strike me as the kind of person with the right mindset to do this, and finding the exact configurator change that invokes the issue would be very gratifying I think. It might even assist Devialet remove a bug somewhere.

Good luck getting this one sorted!

EDIT: Out of interest, what source and speakers are you using? The reason why I am curious is that I am sure that with most systems, running at -2dB would be rather loud! Maybe you just have a big room?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(17-Jan-2020, 09:02)Confused Wrote: Hi Alex - First to say welcome to the forum.  Although it is a bit of a shame that your first post needed to be bug related, hopefully you will stick around for some more fun stuff once everything is resolved.

I do not have a direct answer to your issue, but I did make the effort to check the menu on my own amps.  I have a 1000 Pro, so not an identical model to yourself, but it is dual mono.  Scrolling trough the menus, I found that the BL and HW figures you mentioned above were in my case identical on both the master and companion.  So your values do look a bit odd, but to me this does back up the theory mentioned by others that this is a configuration issue.  So, there is likely nothing wrong with your amplifiers, it is just somewhere the configurator is pushing some rouge values onto one machine.  I have to say, very well done spotting the inconsistencies, and I think you are on to something here.  (It would be good if another D400 owner could check the values and report if they are consistent between master and companion, or not)

Judging by your first post, it looks like you are prepared to make the effort to logically investigate and problem solve the issue, so on this basis I have a suggestion.  I would set up the most basic dual mono configuration possible.  So just the default values, and nothing changed in the configurator except for selecting the D400 in dual mono mode.

With this done, check if the issue is resolved, and indeed if the BL and HW values now consistent between the two amplifiers.  If not, I would try reloading the firmware, using one SD card, that is the same firmware SD card to load the firmware onto both master and companion.  (you need to switch the SD card to "read only", otherwise the Devialet will write to the card so it knows not to use it to keep reloading the firmware every time it is started.  So, load firmware onto the SD card, switch the SD card to read only, use it to load firmware onto both master and companion, then use separate SD cards for both the master and companion configurations)

If the BL and HW values do become consistent, then you could try re doing your configuration, adding one feature at a time.  Presumably you will eventually find the individual configuration change that invokes the cut out issue or puts the BL and HW values out of sync.

I realise that this could be a very long and tedious task, but you strike me as the kind of person with the right mindset to do this, and finding the exact configurator change that invokes the issue would be very gratifying I think.  It might even assist Devialet remove a bug somewhere.

Good luck getting this one sorted!

EDIT:  Out of interest, what source and speakers are you using?  The reason why I am curious is that I am sure that with most systems, running at -2dB would be rather loud!  Maybe you just have a big room?
Hi all, 

Problem is solved, and thanks to you
I have deleted the whole configuration, and i have set up a new one. The amplifiers i have reseted to factory settings. And i have put the last firmware with 1 sd card to both devices.
And now it seems to work perfect,
Source is Aurender A10 / and i have ordered an Aurender ACS100 as well.   Speakers are Sonus faber Armati Futura en Magico S1
With cables i am playing a bit with Audioquest comet, Siltech 550 and Vovox Textura
i am kind of new here, so i am learning each day a bit more

Many thanks to all for your help, i really appreciate it
Dear Alex b

After upgraded the fw and the hw config BL is same as 2.8 now ?