Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master/slave link
Yes it is RCA-XLR. And is their a recommended RCA-RCA cable?
I have these:
https://www.audioquest.com/cables/analog.../mackenzie
I used them to use my devialet as AMP for the main speakers in my old av-receiver setup.
Could i use them as well? cant find anything about the impedance...
Thanks for the quick reply.
Canton Karat Reference 6.2 DC | Expert 220 Pro | Canton Karat AS500
Canton Karat Reference 2.2 DC | Expert 400
ROON Server | Supermicro M11SDV-8CT-LN4F | Mellanox Connect-X 3 40G | Samsung PM1725a 3.2TB
Ultrasone Edition 8 EX | Coord MOJO + POLY

(31-Jan-2019, 08:26)cuco Wrote: Yes it is RCA-XLR. And is their a recommended RCA-RCA cable?
I have these:
https://www.audioquest.com/cables/analog.../mackenzie
I used them to use my devialet as AMP for the main speakers in my old av-receiver setup.
Could i use them as well? cant find anything about the impedance...
Thanks for the quick reply.

Looks like those are phono cables which won’t be suitable.

You need any good quality 75 ohm coaxial digital cable terminated with RCA plugs. Keep the length only as long as you need to connect the two amps together.

It’s very important to use a cable of the correct characteristic impedance otherwise it won’t work at higher data rates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(31-Jan-2019, 08:05)cuco Wrote: Just bought a used 220 pro to upgrade to 440 pro dual mono. Now i need a connection cable. I read the threads and the recomendaion seems to be the audioprana 320€ cable.
Is this the right on?
Câble 75-110/ transformateur "Signature" Full Silver 0.70m (contacts Ag pur cryo/bois précieux) - 12€/10cm sup-

Or would you recommend an other one? Cause this statements are now 4 years old and their was no infinity board and so on.
Thank you for the advice and help!

I have used both an entry level Ixos 75ohm RCA to RCA (1m in length) as well as a Furutech 75ohm RCA to RCA (0.7m in length) that is 20 times the price of the Ixos.
Both worked without a glitch.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
Did we ever get to the bottom of 110 ohm vs. 75 ohm debate? I wound up using a 75 ohm cable to a XLR adaptor on the companion, and it works well.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB
https://silversonic.com/products/digital-cables/d-110/  

very happy with this product - custom lengths (have 1 meter and a 5 meter).  Inexpensive, works quite well.

Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia