Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master/slave link
I have the Audioprana cable, and like many others I am very happy with the sound quality obtained with this cable. When I first had a companion amp as a demo unit, this was supplied by the dealer with a Chord Sarum SPDIF to SPDIF cable. Following delivery of my own companion, I used the standard supplied Crystal cable. I was never fully happy when using this cable, it would be unfair to say the sound was harsh, but the with the Crystal cable the system did not sound as smooth and analogue as I recalled with the demo companion and Sarum. At this time I tried a couple of old SPDIF digital cables that I had (not particularly expensive ones either), and found these to be an improvement. When thinking of a replacement for the Crystal cable, I read good things about the Audioprana and bought one to try. I have been more than happy with it so haven't tried anything else since. Back In the spring I did buy a SPDIF / XLR adaptor, so I could try the XLR link with the old SPDIF cables I have but still using the XLR companion input. The reason I did this was because I was interested in if I could hear any difference vs the Audioprana with it's mini transformer. As others have posted, the Devialet line is that such a transformer is not needed. I have never got around to trying this adaptor, I guess I simply got fed up with messing around with my system due to multiple issues I have had with 8.x.x firmware and SAM 2. (and meanwhile have been enjoying the music) I will give the adaptor a try sometime, it might be interesting.
Interesting, Ed is the one who told me it was 110 Ohm. RCA Output to XLR input.

But I see in a re read of your message you both requested a 75 Ohm cable, thanks for the clarification and also your comments!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I will soon sell my Cabledyne RCA-XLR silver 75 ohm (Xhadows finest RCA and XLR plugs), highly recommended instead of the supplied Crystal.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
If you don't mind me asking, why are you selling Mike? Moving on from Devialet?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(13-Sep-2015, 17:36)baddog Wrote: If you don't mind me asking, why are you selling Mike? Moving on from Devialet?

Hi Baddog,

Sorry, wrote about it elsewhere on this forum but yes I am moving on. 

I will give Aavik U-300 a try after that it more or less crushed my D400 in my system. I got a nice offer so I will jump on the Aavik train. only negative with Aavik is that it is already the 'end' unit as no upgraded hardware or firmware will be developed according to Aavik officials. But it sounds so much better I have to take it on.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(13-Sep-2015, 18:19)Mikeeo Wrote:
(13-Sep-2015, 17:36)baddog Wrote: If you don't mind me asking, why are you selling Mike? Moving on from Devialet?

Hi Baddog,

I will give Aavik U-300 a try after that it more or less crushed my D400 in my system. I got a nice offer so I will jump on the Aavik train. only negative with Aavik is that it is already the 'end' unit as no upgraded hardware or firmware will be developed according to Aavik officials. But it sounds so much better I have to take it on.

/Mike

You will miss so many firmware updates! :-)
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(14-Sep-2015, 10:57)miro Wrote:

Hi Baddog,

/Mike

And, more importantly, you will miss the opportunity to debate the changes (or perceived changes) in SQ that those FW updates bring Tongue.

Wish you well with your new purchase.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Hi Baddog,

/Mike

Those I will not miss and I am looking forward to less swearing and cursing from now on ;Wink'll miss this forum but if Generalismo Guillaume let me have my account I will for sure peekaboo from time to time!

/Mike
(14-Sep-2015, 11:55)brit Wrote:

Hi Baddog,

/Mike

And, more importantly, you will miss the opportunity to debate the changes (or perceived changes) in SQ that those FW updates bring Tongue.

David

David, thanks! Debates are super and there will be a big void in my need to discuss, but I hope I can mole my self back in from time to time...

/Mike
(14-Sep-2015, 13:35)Mikeeo Wrote:
(14-Sep-2015, 11:55)brit Wrote:

Hi Baddog,

/Mike

David

David, thanks! Debates are super and there will be a big void in my need to discuss, but I hope I can mole my self back in from time to time...

/Mike

A little bit of "moling" now and again does everyone a bit of good, and I am sure that your continuing contribution to discussions will be more than welcome Big Grin.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK