Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master/slave link
(03-Mar-2015, 19:10)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(03-Mar-2015, 19:08)MusicFirst Wrote:
(02-Oct-2014, 13:35)GuillaumeB Wrote: Our friends across the channel have been experimenting with these cables with great results:

http://audioprana.free.fr/coa_num_cot.htm

They also make an S/PDIF>AES hybrid cable which is featured a bit lower down the page.

Prices seem very reasonable, their top of the range S/PDIF cable is 300 euros.

Quoting from jalucine's post on the Forum Audiophile (http://www.forum-audiophile.fr/amplis/de...-2595.html)

"En conclusion, ce câble fait faire un progrès significatif au système. La transparence, la résolution, l’image sonore, la qualité des timbres, la musicalité globalement."

Translation: In conclusion this cable had a major impact on the system: greater transparency, better resolution, improved imaging and timbres and overall musicality.

Interestingly this is exactly how I would have described the improvement from my TA XL S/PDIF. Except that my cable cost me over £3k!!!!

Once again if you haven't tried other cables linking your two units you really owe it to yourself to have a play... (obviously I'm not aiming this comment at the cable sceptics on this forum!). In my system is was a very big improvement.

Guillaume
Guillaume

Not being fluent in French can you tell us which configuration they found worked best?  the RCA/RCA or the RCA/AES EBU?

Thanks

Kerry

Hi Kerry it seems as though many of the French Devialet owners really like the Audioprana hybrid cable, so RCA/AES. I've not tried it myself but I believe Confused on here has one.

Guillaume
Hi Guillaume

What are you using to link your 800s?  What are you using for a USB cable?

Thanks

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
(05-Mar-2015, 20:04)MusicFirst Wrote: Hi Guillaume

What are you using to link your 800s?  What are you using for a USB cable?

Thanks

Kerry

I use a Transparent Ref XL SPDIF between Master and Companion. I don't actually use a USB cable; my totaldac d1 server is connected to Master via AES/EBU.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi!

Just about to pull the trigger on the Audioprana link cable: 1.50m Ag occ cryo RCA Ag(*) cryo/XLR NEUTRIK HE(*) cryo 75->110 Ohms

Concerning the length, I´m ordering 1.5 meter length, that should not be a problem soundwise should it?

//Johan
Squeezebox Touch (digital mod) with linear PS - Audioquest Eagle Eye - Devialet 400 - DFPC signature PC - Tellurium Q Ultra Black - Raidho X-1
(08-Mar-2015, 09:08)Atomjohan Wrote: Hi!

Just about to pull the trigger on the Audioprana link cable: 1.50m Ag occ cryo RCA Ag(*) cryo/XLR NEUTRIK HE(*) cryo 75->110 Ohms

Concerning the length, I´m ordering 1.5 meter length, that should not be a problem soundwise should it?

//Johan
I want to pull the trigger on it as well. Can you please share the link of the exact model and also how to order.

Thanks
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(08-Mar-2015, 11:55)amabrok Wrote:
(08-Mar-2015, 09:08)Atomjohan Wrote: Hi!

//Johan
I want to pull the trigger on it as well. Can you please share the link of the exact model and also how to order.

Thanks
Full details of buying the Audioprana cable are included in this very thread!  You just need to read from about post #199, or earlier, if you want more background information.
Thanks Confused! Post #202 is what I was looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
Tonight I pulled the trigger on the Audioprana Cable 1.00m (Ag OCC Cryo - RCA Ag Cryo/XLR pure Ag Cryo 75->110 Ohms with body in precious wood Smile

Expected lead time 2 to 3 weeks.

Excited! Smile

Dubai, UAE
(09-Mar-2015, 19:44)amabrok Wrote: Tonight I pulled the trigger on the Audioprana Cable 1.00m (Ag OCC Cryo - RCA Ag Cryo/XLR pure Ag Cryo 75->110 Ohms with body in precious wood Smile

Excited! Smile

What cable are you using now for the link?
(09-Mar-2015, 19:44)amabrok Wrote: Tonight I pulled the trigger on the Audioprana Cable 1.00m (Ag OCC Cryo - RCA Ag Cryo/XLR pure Ag Cryo 75->110 Ohms with body in precious wood Smile

Excited! Smile

Aren't you happy with that RCA-to-XLR adapter followed by an AES/EBU cable?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(09-Mar-2015, 21:33)Confused Wrote:

Excited! Smile

What cable are you using now for the link?

I am using a Van Den Hul AES-EBU 110 Ohm professional interconnect with Neutrik NA2FPMM 3 pole XLR Male – RCA adapter

check on this thread from post #182

Dubai, UAE